United v Ton

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be raging if I was a Morton fan. We were woeful and there for the taking.

Shite performance once again from us. In keeping with the rest of the season we had no energy, no creativity, no pace and no desire. A ten minute spell at the end isn't good enough. I'd be happy not to see Van der Velden in a United shirt again and if I was Mikkelson I'd be embarrassed that a central defender had more of a presence and more awareness upfront than I did.

It's bad enough that Van der Velden and Mikkelsen start but for one to get an hour and the other almost 70 minutes when neither were offering anything is ridiculous.

Flood and Fraser are incredibly frustrating players, do some things really well then follow it up with rotten touches/awful passes.

Murray made an impact and with Durnan up front for the last 15 we could have gone on and won the game.

All that said we've actually played worse in recent games.

32 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

We fully deserved the 3 points imo, a little scunnered we threw it away at the end.

Baffling how Utd are so far up this league :lol:

Not on that second half performance. We got what we deserved and it could have been worse. 

Really took our foot off of the gas in the second half. Got deeper and deeper and invited united on to us. That said, it was a good first half performance pressing high and quickly and using the ball cleverly when we had it. I would have taken a point happily before the game but if the game had gone on much longer I think United looked more likely to get a winner.

Match thoughts. 

Van Der Velden is an absolute imposter.

Mikkleson was meh. He's not terrible, just meh.

Morton were shite. United had the better chances but were equally shite. 

The lack of width caused us problems when Morton decided to sit in. Dunno why Nicholls didn't replace VDV.

Coote came on and done okay, least he came looking for the ball. He's done a fair bit of growing since I last seen him play for the first team too.

That first half was as bad as I've seen us at home in a long time and Van der Velden had one of the worst individual performances I can remember. Mikkelsen wasn't much better. In saying that, we missed enough chances 2nd half to win the game. This league really is pish and it makes the fact that we're struggling so much in it even more depressing.

Wwwweeeeeee. Ppppllllllllllaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy veeeeeerrrrrryyyyyyy ssssslllllooooooowwwwwww.  Fffffoooottttttbbbbbaaalllllllll.

Pace end energy of the last 15, is what we need to be doing from the get go.  Durnan up front with Murray playing of him is  bizarre , but seems to work.  VDV is never a wide player, and doesn't make that formation work.  We need Nicholls to get up to speed asap, then try a 4,4,2. Getting the fear already about the Hibs game. 

We were rank today. Morton came to Tannadice and played more attacking and had better fight than United.

RM consistently plays this 4-2-3-1 pish, In this league you need to play 4-4-2 and mix It up, we're not good enough to pass through teams who fight against us.

Nick VDV thinks he's this class act but he's actually a slow donkey. Paul Dixon Is finished, get Robbo In asap. Nicholls should've been brought on Instead of wee coote, still too lightweight.

Felt that the draw was deserved. We did quite well in the first half but couldn't break Dundee United's pressure in the second half. Our backup options playing up front didn't offer us a credible out ball.

The frustrating part is that while Dundee United deserved an equaliser, the goal that they scored was ridiculously soft. It should have been cleared by the defenders but Gaston should have dealt with the cross in the first place. He's not assertive enough to be a top-end Championship or top flight goalkeeper and that's costing us some important points this season.

McKinnon having a go at some players on ArabZone. Questioning commitment, and just as worryingly "you ask players to go out and follow instructions and they can't give you that". I would say that Mikkelson and Van der Velden were the two most guilty of not doing anything near what their job was meant to be. The rest were just guilty of either being rubbish or lacking any real determination. 

Archived