United v Ton

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/02/2017 at 07:28, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Almost as bad as coming onto a thread that doesn't involve your club to point it out I guess...

Anyway feeling quietly confident about this after the Falkirk game which is most unlike me. With our injuries and run of games I didn't expect to pick up many points during the next few weeks.

Our away record's a bit shit but we've got a coupla injured players back (hopefully) and can see a cheeky score draw on the cards.

Our away for is actually ok. When you look at points won away from home, its very close( except Hibs)

Hibs-28

Falkirk- 17

Queens-16

DU-16

Morton-15

Would be happy with a draw here but a win is possible if we play the way we can. Hopefully Doyle and Lindsay back.

1-1. Shankland with our goal.

I wonder what kind of home crowd there will be. I think this run in will be a good judge of what the fans think of our current predicament and the fact that the 'title race' is gubbed.

Bell

VdS

Durnan

Edge

Dixon

Flood

Telfer

Nicholls

Andreu

Fraser

Murray

I think we will edge this, only just. 2-1 United.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

I wonder what kind of home crowd there will be. I think this run in will be a good judge of what the fans think of our current predicament and the fact that the 'title race' is gubbed.

Bell

VdS

Durnan

Edge

Dixon

Flood

Telfer

Nicholls

Andreu

Fraser

Murray

I think we will edge this, only just. 2-1 United.

I think you're being optimistic with the scoreline.  I've argued Dixon's experience over Robson but given Dixon's performances in the last couple of games I'd be tempted to give the young lad a chance.

I'm concerned that McKinnon will persevere with Mikkelsen for the totally wrong reasons.  I hope that's not the case.

First visit to Tannadice tomorrow so good to tick it off the list.

Don't think we've won there in my lifetime but with, hopefully, Doyle and Lindsay back we'll not have a better chance to get the 3pts.

I'll go for 1-0 Morton. Tam O'Ware header from a Forbes free kick, obvs.

10 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

United 2 v 3 Morton

Witnessed that result in a cup tie in the late sixties. Bartram  and Harper scored I think and we had three goals disallowed. Hadn't realised till then that the sectarian divide extended to Dundee. Our supporters bus was stoned and bottled in the car park after the game.DUFC certainly scumbags of the highest order, in 60s at least

50 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Would be happy with a draw and I think that's what we'll get.

In isolation a draw's a good result, but with having the toughest run-in of us, United and Falkirk we're going to need to start winning some of these head to heads if we're going to finish second.

Gutted to be missing this, no Tannadice for me this season unless we're there in the playoffs.

It looks like a decent time to be facing Dundee United, but we're not ideally placed to take advantage of a poor performance, as we're still without Oliver and Quitongo for this one. Hoping that we don't put Shankland up front against that carthorse 'The Edge' and instead have Nesbitt running at him, which created quite a few chances for us against similar defenders at Ibrox:

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Russell

Tidser

Nesbitt

2-1 to The Famous: Forbes and Kilday. 

I've got a feeling Tidser may drop to the bench for this one as Duffy prefers the Lindsay/Murdoch combo.

Nesbitt and Shankland up front, Forbes, Murdoch, Lindsay, Russell in midfield, with a back 4 of Doyle, O'Ware, Kilday, Lamie. 

Hopefully we end our poor record at tanadice well over 30 years since our last win there. Duffy has us playing some fantastic football and this is as good a chance as we are likely to get to take 3 point.

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie

Forbes Murdoch Tidser Nesbitt

Donnelly

Shankland

Dundee utd 1  Andreu

Morton 2  Shankland   Forbes

Archived