Pests

gavin_3110

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just after I finished Uni and was living in my first wee rental hoose, I was arsing around on the computer one night. The lights were off and I was so still that a wee mouse came scurrying into the room completely oblivious to my presence. I yelled some form of obscenity and the beastie legged it. I decided he must have got in behind the washing machine so I plugged it up with plastic bags and never saw him again.

Then there was the time I went away for a week on holiday and came home to find a bag of sweets had been invaded by ants, which had dug their way into the sugary goodness and apparently died while unable to get back out again.

My personal favourite was the time I made a meal and left the plate on the worktop for a short period of time while I went to do something else. When I came back and picked it up, a gigantic slug had somehow made its way up the worktop and was clinging to the underside of the plate. That was a horrible manky house right enough.

11 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

Mice. b*****ds. Had a variety of traps and poison down but they don’t f**k off. They’ve been quiet over the last month or two to be fair but I can hear them rattling around the walls tonight.

Just die.

You need to call the exterminator.

smudger.jpg.b4cd70957930d5da03a212d7adc47d24.jpg

6 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I would genuinely pay to borrow a cat for a few days to get the fuckers, tbf. Woman across from me has one which I may well steal.

If the mice are running about inside your walls you better hope the cat has good joinery skills.

Just now, Zen Archer said:

If the mice are running about inside your walls you better hope the cat has good joinery skills.

They come out to play when it's quiet inside, I saw one run across my room yesterday. Think there's only a couple, a cat would just sit and wait and SLAY

Anyone ever had issues with household pests.
Have ended up with mice in my loft. Managed to locate their entrance and block it off but trying to dispatch the remaining ones.
Left some poison out, but they never touched it. Some of the traps they run into and tip over, not a bite. Saw one in the flesh last night, tried to snare him under a metal mixing bowl, caught the wee chap with the edge and cut him in two. Grizzly business.
If I can't get the last stragglers I might just torch the place. Any advice?

We had mice a couple of years ago and managed to get rid of them after a few weeks. Make sure you put the traps right up against a wall but perpendicular to the wall. If you place it parallel or in an open space they seem to get away. Make sure you also put lots of poison out, they will take it eventually. I'd probably have a look for their nest, ours liked to use a box full of paper which they shred to pieces and piss all over, we lost our birth certificates because of them. Fill in any holes in the walls etc with mesh and just keep laying the traps until they're gone.

Archived