Horizon Zero Dawn

Fide

On 01/05/2017 at 01:40, well fan for life said:

I'm now just mopping up sidequests. I've done all the lodge trials, corrupted zones & bandit camps.

I've been having a laugh with using traps more. Taking down a Thunderjaw by laying out 15 blast wires is massively entertaining. 

I usually don't bother with all the little gadgets in games but absolutely loved the blast wires in HZD. Peeking out and annoying a bunch of Behemoths then running back through a field of blast wires and watching them all getting absolutely fucked up was immensely satisfying.

Ended up cleaning up a couple of remaining side missions earlier, the fcking rockbreakers in the quarry man, easily the hardest machines in the game.

Anyway, even though the main story was well written, is there not a fairly obvious plot hole in the epilogue

Spoiler

When Aloy finds Sobeck's corpse, why hadn't it been eaten or destroyed by a machine when the plague of robots killed off humanity in the first place? Could understand if it it was in one of the bunkers but not sitting in a fucking garden for 900-odd years

Completed with 80% trophies. I'm guessing you get a trophy for completing all hunters lodges? I can only think of them an the trophy for knocking over all the horse targets. If there's one for collecting all data entries then I've no chance of 100% this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a brilliant game.

Honestly, thought I had gone off games as didn't get into witcher, tomb raider, mass effect in the past wee while but really enjoying this.

It looks great, and often I just enjoy stoating about looking at the graphics etc. The combat is tough and every enemy is a bit of a challenge. Even the side-quests are good fun.

Def. recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for making you feel nauseous :)

It wasn't really about comparing those games, just that I hadn't got into recent big releases and types of games I usually enjoy.

Horizon has been brilliant in that respect. Reckon I'm on the final(ish) mission on the main story. It's a game I fancy I'll be giving a few more playthroughs once done.

... and done 8)

Finished the main story and definitely in there with the best games I've played.

Got the best armour, but stuck with my original weapons and quite fancy jumping into new-game-plus to mess about with the different weapons etc.

Cracking game.

... and done 8)

Finished the main story and definitely in there with the best games I've played.

Got the best armour, but stuck with my original weapons and quite fancy jumping into new-game-plus to mess about with the different weapons etc.

Cracking game.

After completing this superb game I feel as if there are no other games out there at the moment that can fill the void.

Finished it last night. Best game I've played in a very long time. The combat mechanics, both in terms of your weaponry and skill sets and the sheer variety of machines and their behaviours alongside the different environments means that it never becomes a chore, even if the close quarters combat is a bit button bashy. The thing looks superb, and the story is really engaging, with the interesting new world laid over the ruins of the old, the latter described in various auditory pickups and logs describing an apocalypse quite different from most other attempts at that story (it's kind of a riff on the "Grey Goo" type of Sci-Fi threat) and really vividly, it'd be a great story on it's own. Aloy is an engaging character to play with the minimum of corny dialogue you'd expect and it's well set up for a sequel.

Fucking loved it.

I was making what I thought was good progress and enjoying the game but I've ended up in Cauldron Sigma hopelessly underprepared.  I was struggling to beat the bellowback.  I watched a YouTube video and saw someone annihilate it with arrow shots doing hundreds of points of damage while the best I'm doing per shot is about 23,  I don't think the upgrade/crafting system is well explained at the start.

Think I'm going to have to start again now as from what I've read you can't quit a Cauldron once you start one.