Horizon Zero Dawn

Fide

Have to say, Deathbringers don't merit the name. Absolute piece of piss to deal with.

Was thinking this myself! Dreaded going up against one but found it suprisingly easy.

I'm trying my best not to do to many main missions an complete the game too soon. A friend of mine reckons this could end up being the start of a trilogy.

I know it's a trope, but the whole chosen one thing seems really obvious in this game for some reason.  That Redmaw quest especially.  Light spoilers I guess if you haven't got that far...

You're constantly told that there's a Thunderjaw that no-one has been able to kill.  That every hunter they send after it dies.  That it's walking around covered in arrows from people who tried.  Just before you fight it, you watch the head hunter guy get bitch-slapped into a wall.  But then you go and fight it, and to be honest it's not any harder than a normal Thunderjaw ( apart from the fact that you've only got one set of disc launchers to use against it).  Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but just seemed very glaring that they big up this thing so much and there isn't really a jump in challenge from any other "normal" fight.

Plus the constant, constant trope of people staying alive just long enough for them to deliver a monologue before they die.  Think there's been 3 or 4 so far.

Still a great story though, looking forward to wrapping it up.

Edited by forameus

On 19/04/2017 at 10:37, well fan for life said:

Have to say, Deathbringers don't merit the name. Absolute piece of piss to deal with.

Ran into my first one of these last night at Maker's End. I meant to play til about 10:30 and get an early night but ran into Nil on the way to my mission, ended up slaughtering some bandits with him (I say "with him" - I took out every one of them whilst that c**t followed me round and blocked my aim occaisionaly), and didn't get the main mission completed til 1 am.

I was shitting my pants at having to take it on but once I'd cleared out the Eclipse troops and Watchers, it was disspointingly easy.

Finding new machines and learning the best ways to take them down is brilliant. The first time I saw a Behemoth I sat at a distance, picked at their components with tearblast arrows and laid fire traps for them to run through to get to me. It's hilarious making machines charge to their deaths like that.

Absolutely love getting into the middle of a group of machines and just stealthily over-riding a Ravager as well. Hide in the long grass and watch the carnage ensue.:lol:

Edited by Gordon EF

Yeah, first one's a piece of piss, you can just hide behind a wall and essentially get by unscathed.  The second one is a lot tougher.  Anywhere you can hide he just blows through.

Just dodge roll around and launch tearblast arrows at the machine guns. Then do the same for it's legs when it sits down.

Genuinely didn't find that one particularly difficult either. Only time I died was my own fault for not hitting triangle in time when I went to rappel down.

When I said it was a lot tougher, it was because it wouldn't be hard to be tougher than hiding constantly behind a wall.  I don't think I died too many times, just took a hell of a lot longer given all the dodging.  

But I too made the mistake of just launching myself off the platform, not realising there was a rappel point...

Got this on Friday to try and fill the Witcher 3 shaped hole in my heart. Quite enjoying it so far, not too far into it, only just a couple of quests past the Proving. I'm hoping there's more random encounters as I'm keen not to play through the main story too quickly but was wandering about for ages and didn't find anything other than going back into the ruins from the original mission when Aloy is a child.

Got this on Friday to try and fill the Witcher 3 shaped hole in my heart. Quite enjoying it so far, not too far into it, only just a couple of quests past the Proving. I'm hoping there's more random encounters as I'm keen not to play through the main story too quickly but was wandering about for ages and didn't find anything other than going back into the ruins from the original mission when Aloy is a child.

When you reach new settlements, green exclamation marks on your map will highlight where there are side missions. There are plenty to do, as well as corrupted areas, bandit camps, cauldrons, tall necks missions and collectables. These all start once you leave the Nora area.

1 minute ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Yeah I need to do a few of them also. That one in particular seems a tough ask but we shall see. I am level 50 now so hopefully it's relatively straight forward.

It's not that they're difficult to fight, it's that if you're seen they pick the shell up and you're fucked for getting it done in time.