Horizon Zero Dawn

Fide

Just finished my first Cauldron as well - amazing contrast when you come out of the dark back into the desert.

Encountered my first Stalker last night - wow, some of the fights are epic.

Loving this game, only annoyances are the waypointer (which is awful, think it sends you via paths but is different to the one on the compass) and the fact that a quest has to be active before it can be completed (the tutorials).

Other than that it looks amazing and the combat is great.

8 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Just finished my first Cauldron as well - amazing contrast when you come out of the dark back into the desert.

Encountered my first Stalker last night - wow, some of the fights are epic.

Loving this game, only annoyances are the waypointer (which is awful, think it sends you via paths but is different to the one on the compass) and the fact that a quest has to be active before it can be completed (the tutorials).

Other than that it looks amazing and the combat is great.

You can turn the waypoint off in the settings.  I only discovered that this morning.  It's been fucking annoying me since game launch. :lol:

I'm having a lot of fun here, not a massive fan of the games tone, its taking itself a little too seriously but it plays well enough for that not to be concerning.

Heard s few people say its too easy on normal, i might have echoed that statement 10 years ago but normal feels about perfect to me, especially when the achievements aren't tied to difficulty.

I just completed the main story over the weekend there.  The best original IP I've played in many a year.

It's beautiful to look at, voice acting is top notch and the story is bang on.  And what I adored throughout the game was the combat.  Specifically targeting certain points on the creatures and watching them get knocked off after several hits, damaging the overall HP of the creature in the process, was satisfying as f**k and never gets old.

I'm having a lot of fun here, not a massive fan of the games tone, its taking itself a little too seriously but it plays well enough for that not to be concerning.

Heard s few people say its too easy on normal, i might have echoed that statement 10 years ago but normal feels about perfect to me, especially when the achievements aren't tied to difficulty.

If you want a console with more whimsical titles might I suggest the new Nintendo Switch?

I'm still not entirely sold on this yet.  It's got a few niggles that mean I'm not getting fully into it, but starting to grow a bit.  I really don't like the melee combat, feels a bit of a button masher, and several times the light attacks just phase through enemies without really hitting them.  Not very precise generally either.  Having said that, the ranged combat is brilliant.  Now that I'm improving gear and getting a few new weapons, the battles are getting a bit less like mashing buttons and dieing again and again until I get it right.  

The game is hands down the best looking game I've ever played.  Was going to say it could do with being a bit more varied, but I got into my first cauldron yesterday which was definitely something different.

Will make sure I play it to completion, but not getting the impression that it's quite as good as a lot of people have said.  But then I didn't really like Witcher 3 in the early hours either. 

Oh aye, and you can ride a fucking metal horse.  Yass.