Wrestlers you love who weren't that popular

cb_diamond

Steve Blackman, the lethal weapon!

Smashed f**k out of JBL for his pish in real life so Steve Blackman = good c**t
Would Al Snow be considered popular? Fucking loved him.

Blackman's story is quite interesting. Actually debuted in the WWF in the 80's but then got really ill for a few years after contracting malaria which took his muscle and left him thin and weak.

Anyway, I digress. Following on from WFAANW's post; I've seen a couple of clips of Stone Cold and Teddy Long both talking about how legitimately tough Blackman was. One story was of Blackman lying on his back stretching and Big Show walking over standing above him talking shit and trying to be intimidating. Story goes that from a flat position, Blackman took Big Show down and had him squealing for mercy in barely 5 seconds.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the OSW Review "Boys" stable...

Capture.PNG.a8a684047ec7500aa6a6ea494837496f.PNG

Which, funnily enough, me and Randy Giles (and a few others) were discussing this recently. I believe my choices were...

Perry Saturn
Crash Holly
Chavo Guerrero Jr
Earthquake
Lance Storm

I think we all also agreed that everyone will have Mojo Rawley on this list in a decade's time.

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Sounds like the OSW Review "Boys" stable...

Capture.PNG.a8a684047ec7500aa6a6ea494837496f.PNG

Which, funnily enough, me and Randy Giles (and a few others) were discussing this recently. I believe my choices were...

Perry Saturn
Crash Holly
Chavo Guerrero Jr
Earthquake
Lance Storm

I think we all also agreed that everyone will have Mojo Rawley on this list in a decade's time.

Harsh list,  at least 2 or 3 of those lads can go a bit. 

On 22/02/2017 at 07:50, AsimButtHitsASix said:

They are all phenomenal athletes and legends in the ring and on the mic.

But none of them were ever that popular.

What?! Earthquake was a 'phenomenal athlete' and a legend in the ring and on the mic?!

Absolutely none of the folk on that list were 'legends in the ring and on the mic'. Whilst they all, except Earthquake, were good in the ring, they were all pretty horrible on the mic (with the possible exception of Chavo).

Or have I been whooshed here?

Earthquake, when he debuted in the WWF as Canadian Earthquake, was a machine. For his size and for the time he was just as quick as any of the other steroid filled fuds in the WWF pure coming in and slapping Hogan about, pulling off drop kicks and big splashes like naebodies business. He was built up like an unbeatable phenom and even managed to pin Hogan which was almost unheard of at the time and he was over as f**k in a way no heel was between André and Taker.

Obviously the Vince shat it and Hogan buried him and, sadly, the main part of their feud was played out on TV and never got the big PPV send off it deserved and he was relegated to mid card and having to drag the useless Typhoon through tag matches in a shockingly bad tag team division before his WCW payday saw him lumbered in with the fucking Dungeon of fucking Doom.

18 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

According to Wikipedia Steve Blackman is a bail bondsman as well as running a martial arts academy- imagine skipping bail and he turns up at your door - you would shit yourself

Haha! I'd weep and shit myself so much that he'd hopefully be too disgusted to batter me. He's still in pretty serious shape as well seemingly.

http://www.blackmanbailbonds.com/

Good to see plenty of people bigging up Steve Blackman, I remember watching him when I was a boy and thinking he was amazing. He was bland and unsmiling and couldn't really cut a promo but he was pretty cool.

What was his finisher? Was it some kind or armbar?

I'm also pleased to read he's doing well for himself and he put JBL in his place; JBL comes across as a pretty unpleasant guy outside the ring.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was always a big booker fan, even when he wasn't over in his WWE time. Good guy.

When was The Book not over?

I too am a big fan of the Booker Man. I'd go as far to say that he's in my top 10 favourite wrestlers.

Archived