Wrestlers you love who weren't that popular

cb_diamond

Off the back of the discussion on wrestlers you dislike for no particular reason, what about wrestlers you absolutely love who were never that popular or high on the card.

I had a couple, one being Lance Storm, an absolute machine in the ring who for me was technically better than the likes of Benoit. Great heel mannerisms too, particularly in his ECW days.

Another was D'lo Brown, just thought he had a great moveset and could fly brilliantly for a big guy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Godfather - He was extremely popular but he was always a lower-midcard talent. Looking back, with the gimmick he had, that's all he ever could be but at the time I wanted him to be fighting at the top of the card.

Big Bossman - Involved in some of the worst feuds of all time but again one of my favourites. Never really got reactions from the crowd.

Bull Buchanan - Phenomenal athlete and if he was around these days, I reckon he'd have had quite a big push.

D'Lo Brown - Would have been a world champion if it wasn't for a few unfortunate in ring incidents which stunted his career.

Chris Masters on his second stint. Made the b-shows watchable on his own having absolute beezing main events on there with all sorts of folk before they punted him a second time which I was genuinely gutted about. The improvements he made in that time was amazing.

46 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

ken shamrock was one of my favourites really needed a bigger push.

I started watching around 98/99 and remember Shamrock being quite well over however I don't recall him being that high up the card.

He had a good feud with Blackman, pretty sure they had a Lion's Den match which was pretty much an MMA style cage at the top of the entrance ramp!

Just now, List_of_Jericho said:

I started watching around 98/99 and remember Shamrock being quite well over however I don't recall him being that high up the card.

He had a good feud with Blackman, pretty sure they had a Lion's Den match which was pretty much an MMA style cage at the top of the entrance ramp!

i started round about the same time, i actually remember it being jericho who supposedly broke shamrocks back and never seen him again.

Smashed f**k out of JBL for his pish in real life so Steve Blackman = good c**t
Would Al Snow be considered popular? Fucking loved him.

He was for a while, but not mega over or anything. Popularity didn't last very long I don't think beyond his hardcore title days.

2 hours ago, WFAANW said:

Smashed f**k out of JBL for his pish in real life so Steve Blackman = good c**t

Would Al Snow be considered popular? Fucking loved him.

Seemingly Blackman was legitimately dangerous in that he could kick f**k out of pretty much anyone. Hardcore Holly in his book (a good read) says that Blackman was the toughest guy in the WWF and could be fucking terrifying, but that like true tough guys never actually talked about being hard and didn't take advantage of folk.

Archived