The Meh SuperClassico 25/2/17

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the topic of players to have crossed The Divide - look no further than Meh-rk "Meh-vis" Reilly.

Best remembered for a last second winner in the derby and picking up a Scottish Cup winners medal with the good guys.

12 hours ago, The Woolshed said:

Injury crisis at Saints apparently for this weekend. Davidson out for weeks and doubts over Danny, Watson and Cummins. Craig suspended.

Cowards. Can't handle the heat of the Meh derby. Word is they were kicking lumps out of each another in training hoping to get injured. Could be another 8 out if rumours are true

Sad times...

Je Suis Meh Derby

I am not risking my life going to this match on Saturday. Hopefully we can perform like we did for 82 minutes of the Aberdeen game. 

I'm going for a 2-1 Kilmarnock win, with 'The Fish' scoring a last minute winner and a giant pitch invasion to occur. 

The Meh Derby and the Scottish Curling Championship finals both taking place in Perth on Saturday, considering the pubs will already be busy with 6 nations on the telly this really is some catastrophic scheduling. How the police allowed this is beyond me - I can see riots.

2 nil Saints, Eve Muirhead with a brace.

Have it on good authority that McCulloch has taken Clark's "train at the same time as the game" approach a bit further for this one.

Fires being lit around the edge of the pitch, with youth team players employed to fling the odd Molotov cocktail at the heads of our players, just to get them used to the atmosphere of a Meh Derby.

Hope those three Newcastle lads know what they're in for, more experienced players than they have crumbled at MehcDairmid Park.

Meh Derby memory #2

The younger fans may not remember this one. That's because we have to journey all the way back to September 2015 for today's 'Meh Derby memory'. 

For the older fans, this was an unforgettable moment (unless they suffer from Alzheimer's or they weren't at the match). I think it took place during a 2-1 victory for Kilmarnock. Look away now, St. Johnstone supporters! This is a tough one to take..

Of course! As you expected, I'm talking about the pivotal moment when Kallum Higginbotham ran with the ball and left St. Johnstone's Darnell Fisher at least 10 yards behind him. If you look closely at the picture, you'll maybe notice a few Kilmarnock players who were even further behind Higginbotham. However, they were on the same team as him so they probably didn't care as much.

Image result for st johnstone v kilmarnock photos

Meh Derby memory #3

For the benefit of younger supporters, we'll focus on a recent fixture. But what fixture is it? Yes, of course, it's the thrilling and unforgettable encounter which took place in December 2016. I can't actually remember the scoreline, but there was one moment which particularly stood out. Kilmarnock fans, look away now. This is one for the Saints to savour!

At a very specific point in the match, somebody kicked the ball into the air. Kilmarnock's Kris Boyd attempted to head the ball, but St. Johnstone's Joe Shaughnessy leapt like a salmon (definitely not like Conor Sammon though, AMIRITE?!)*. Therefore, Joe Shaughnessy won the ball and regained possession for his team. Or maybe he didn't. But either way, he definitely headed the ball. Following the incident, Kris Boyd controversially slated his manager Lee Clark, claiming that he was unable to jump high enough due to a ''damaging and energy-sapping'' ban on hamburgers, cakes and Monster Munch.

Boyd v St Johnstone

*As we get closer to the day of the big match, I've decided to inject a bit of humour into the traditionally fact-orientated 'Meh Derby memories'. In this case, it's a light-hearted jibe at Kilmarnock loanee Conor Sammon. Despite being a big man, he is relatively immobile and hopeless.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Meh Derby memory #3

For the benefit of younger supporters, we'll focus on a recent fixture. But what fixture is it? Yes, of course, it's the thrilling and unforgettable encounter which took place in December 2016. I can't actually remember the scoreline, but there was one moment which particularly stood out. Kilmarnock fans, look away now. This is one for the Saints to savour!

At a very specific point in the match, somebody kicked the ball into the air. Kilmarnock's Kris Boyd attempted to head the ball, but St. Johnstone's Joe Shaughnessy leapt like a salmon (definitely not like Conor Sammon though, AMIRITE?!)*. Therefore, Joe Shaughnessy won the ball and regained possession for his team. Or maybe he didn't. But either way, he definitely headed the ball. Following the incident, Kris Boyd controversially slated his manager Lee Clark, claiming that he was unable to jump high enough due to a ''damaging and energy-sapping'' ban on hamburgers, cakes and Monster Munch.

Boyd v St Johnstone

*As we get closer to the day of the big match, I've decided to inject a bit of humour into the traditionally fact-orientated 'Meh Derby memories'. In this case, it's a light-hearted jibe at Kilmarnock loanee Conor Sammon. Despite being a big man, he is relatively immobile and hopeless.

You take that back 

He's more sedentary than immobile and lacking in technical ability than hopeless 

Also from that picture I didn't know that the Perth scum had a lot of bald midget supporters with shiney  heads. 

Archived