Motherwell v Dundee 25th of Feb

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Last time I seen Hammell, he looked about 3 stone overweight. Is he not completely done as a top flight full back these days? Surely good news for you guys?

That depends on whether we play Joe Chalmers in his place or not tbf.

The gist of what you've said is true though, he's never really got over the injuries he's had over the past couple of seasons. Technically he's still by far our most accomplished left back. He's still got a good first touch, can put in a cross (see Ainsworth's goal against Celtic) and is comfortable on the ball but in terms of the other aspects of the game and the defensive side he's pretty much done.

Edit: turns out McManus need surgery and is looking at "at least 6 weeks out". I wonder if we might ask McHugh to drop back in there as he's a centre halve who was converted to a DM at Plymouth. I think most of his appearances at Bradford were at centre half. Pearson as the left sided CM is a natural position for him and there's the choice of either Frear or Hastie wide left.

We've had a fair few illustrious centre-halves in recent years.  Mark O'Brien, Adam Cummins, Jonathan Page, Bobby 'I've seen milk turn quicker' Donnelly.  Let Super Joey have a go.   

I think Chalmers at centre-half could be a revelation.  Imagine we'd pissed about for two years playing him at left midfield, and all along he was the dominant centre-half we'd been looking for all along?  I think we're onto something here.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

We've had a fair few illustrious centre-halves in recent years.  Mark O'Brien, Adam Cummins, Jonathan Page, Bobby 'I've seen milk turn quicker' Donnelly.  Let Super Joey have a go.   

I think Chalmers at centre-half could be a revelation.  Imagine we'd pissed about for two years playing him at left midfield, and all along he was the dominant centre-half we'd been looking for all along?  I think we're onto something here.

Live scenes from Desp's house:

Zqhxw8HI38lmE.gif

13 minutes ago, Desp said:

Let Super Joey have a go.   

I know it's us, and from time to time it's hard to tell, but we're not a BBs football tournament team, you don't get a shot cause your gran drove you over from Motherwell.

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

McGhee has said that what happened at Pittodrie will not affect his performance.

Great news!

5-0 The Dee!

Saw that on the stv news tonight, he's on the verge of being locked up in a 'secure facility'. IMO.

I am glad we are back to playing a Diddy club (no disrespect) as we won't have any of our poor tackles still in the papers a week later.

you can get perfectly good goals waved away, play on in this fixture and the media will have forgotten them by Monday.

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

I am glad we are back to playing a Diddy club (no disrespect) as we won't have any of our poor tackles still in the papers a week later.

you can get perfectly good goals waved away, play on in this fixture and the media will have forgotten them by Monday.

Not sure, the Sevco are diddies aswell IMO.

Archived