Motherwell v Dundee 25th of Feb

I see no other thread on this?

Big game for both clubs with the other teams in the bottom 7 having tough fixtures v the top 5.

We are keen to capitalise on our victory at the weekend and the 'Well will be desperate for a victory too after a tough week.

Motherwell are probably my favourite 'other' SPL team, I wish you no evil but 3 points could put us 9 clear of second bottom which is obviously massive.

A draw not a disaster for either of us which is where my money would be.

Hopefully we go with the same 11 with the exception of Gadz back in for Julen at the back.

Well 1 The Dees 1

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both McHugh and Tait's suspensions are up so that's something. I suppose it depends on the fitness of McManus and Hammell how we line up.

It's been a shitemare of a run of games for us and I'm not exactly confident for this off the back of the last 3. Hopefully we can keep 11 on the park as until McHugh's red card we were well in the game against Hearts without actually being particularly good.

You'd think Hartley would stick with the 442 from the weekend so I'd think we'd match them up.

Assuming no McManus or Hammell;

Samson
Tait Heneghan Jules McMillan
Cadden Clay McHugh Pearson
McDonald Moult

If McManus is fit I'd imagine he'll play but wouldn't be surprised if Jules went to left back.

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

Mark O'Hara up against a left back from your youth team? Yes please.

Can't see Hartley going baw-deep again this week and feel we'll be back to our usual selves. Happy to be proved wrong, however.

Anyone from the youth team is better than Chalmers. They guy literally cannot defend.

Mark O'Hara up against a left back from your youth team? Yes please.

Can't see Hartley going baw-deep again this week and feel we'll be back to our usual selves. Happy to be proved wrong, however.

Shirley no?!
442, press and overrun them. Please.

With Hamilton going to Celtic Park this is a fantastic opportunity to open up a 9-point gap on 11th, which would be huge IMO. Also potentially the chance of an 11-point gap to 12th, although Inverness are playing those diddies from Ibrox on Friday so who knows.

This means it's all set up for us to lose.

With Hamilton going to Celtic Park this is a fantastic opportunity to open up a 9-point gap on 11th, which would be huge IMO. Also potentially the chance of an 11-point gap to 12th, although Inverness are playing those diddies from Ibrox on Friday so who knows.

This means it's all set up for us to lose.

Agree if we were to go 11 points ahead of ICT at this stage would virtually guarantee we wouldn't be finishing bottom. Also 9 points ahead of Hamilton would also be huge as looking at their pre split fixtures don't see them picking up to many wins.

If we do win this we'll go a long, long way to securing our safety for this season and making a genuine claim for the top 6.

That isn't the Dundee way. Worst performance of the season and dragged right back into the mix is the Dundee way.

Archived