The Photography Thread

eclipse10.thumb.jpg.8ab48f1134fa10d710022e2ea538f4cc.jpg

The Eclipse of a few years ago- got lucky because the mist that descended on Arthur's Seat that morning acted as a nice filter. 

The Sky smiled that day- Edinburgh City won the Lowland League! :cheers

eclipse7.thumb.jpg.9601a8801d1d9c0564402b419b56cbea.jpg

I borrowed somebody's eclipse glasses and held them next to the lens for this one... 

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Is anyone on this thread using the Canon 6D? Thinking of upgrading this coming payday as my old 550 is struggling. 

I had one for about two year before switching to Sony. It's an excellent value full frame DSLR. Not great for action shots etc as I think it's max is 4fps. It was ideal for me though as it performs well for landscape and night sky type stuff. 

You'll need to upgrade your lenses as well though. You can't use EF-S lenses with full frame. 

Not been in the thread as often as I would like and spent that past 10 mins catching up, some really cracking photos here, always love a long exposure on running water.

After giving the Snowman a miss with the camera last week, so first outing this year was with the Highland Wildcats and their Academy Community League.  Bright blue skies hide the fact it was bloody cold, may have now managed to thaw out now.

39627620004_af0ef07b7a_c.jpg

26467305568_17a9abd87e_c.jpg

40293486622_2ebf43bb06_c.jpg

40293399262_f57382689f_c.jpg

25467130197_bef9a3569f_c.jpg

5 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

I had one for about two year before switching to Sony. It's an excellent value full frame DSLR. Not great for action shots etc as I think it's max is 4fps. It was ideal for me though as it performs well for landscape and night sky type stuff. 

You'll need to upgrade your lenses as well though. You can't use EF-S lenses with full frame. 

Damn, I'm really in need of something that'd be able to pick up wildlife that might be on the go at the time. Had planned to chuck my lenses anyway as they're also way past their best.

Damn, I'm really in need of something that'd be able to pick up wildlife that might be on the go at the time. Had planned to chuck my lenses anyway as they're also way past their best.
If you're not fussed about full frame the Canon 7d or 7dii might be ideal. Faster frame rate, ludicrous number of focus points and the advantage of the the x1.6 crop factor (if you're needing zoom reach).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Is anyone on this thread using the Canon 6D? Thinking of upgrading this coming payday as my old 550 is struggling. 

Yeah I have one for landscapes and occasional portraits but I use a 7dii for all the rest. The 6D replaced a 5Dii as I couldn’t afford a 5Diii, and I got the 7Dii recently which replaced a 70D which was great, but the 7Diii was going for £800.

Not been out this weekend due to watching us skelp TNS in Oswestry and I'm still too rough today to take advantage of my day off BUT...

Me and the good lady have just invested in a lovely wee Mazda Bongo campervan which is fully converted and raring to go. She really enjoys coming on trips with me and I've been forking out loads for hotels/cottages over the last year so it seemed a wise investment. I pick it up on Wednesday night and I'm buzzing out my boobs that I'll no longer need to get up at 4am for sunrise.

Here she is in all her glory (pic taken by the current owner)*

20180219_152743.jpg

*I've nae idea why folk blank out reg numbers but I thought I'd better do it anyway incase my bank account gets frauded and my house gets ransacked.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not been out this weekend due to watching us skelp TNS in Oswestry and I'm still too rough today to take advantage of my day off BUT...

Me and the good lady have just invested in a lovely wee Mazda Bongo campervan which is fully converted and raring to go. She really enjoys coming on trips with me and I've been forking out loads for hotels/cottages over the last year so it seemed a wise investment. I pick it up on Wednesday night and I'm buzzing out my boobs that I'll no longer need to get up at 4am for sunrise.

Here she is in all her glory (pic taken by the current owner)*

20180219_152743.jpg

*I've nae idea why folk blank out reg numbers but I thought I'd better do it anyway incase my bank account gets frauded and my house gets ransacked.

Very nice. Fancy one of these myself one day. Agree 100%, the money spent of hiring a cottage for a week here and there soon adds up and this is a good investment plus the freedom it gives you.