Inverness Caledonian Thistle v The Rangers

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are comments on this thread that almost seem to have us pegged as favourites for this; in the general hilarity / gloom (delete as applicable) over Rangers' shitness, people are forgetting how terrible we've been for most of the season. The two 1-0 defeats to Rangers were actually among our better performances, and if the ICT team that turns up tomorrow is the one that turned up at New Douglas Park in January, or McDiarmid in December, then we're probably fucked. There was a lot of renewed optimism among our supporters after a battling draw against Hearts on Saturday, and the team selection and attitude did look better than it has been for a while, but we still haven't won a league game since October, and the fact that Hearts got absolutely ridden by a side a division below them last night should probably put our result in perspective. I'll be over the moon if we get a win tomorrow, but at the moment I'm still assuming it'll be a defeat.  

Very fair points. I think the tactical discipline and solid gameplay against Hearts has given people a lot of hope that we can be competitive tomorrow, but it's maybe more hope than anything.

Think the one thing Foran has to do is not rise to the temptation to take in Warren and Vigurs. It's not a coincidence both of them have been honking this season, both drop out and you look far better.

Albeit, I appreciate that is a far fetched hope that the favourites won't come straight back in.

43 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Think the one thing Foran has to do is not rise to the temptation to take in Warren and Vigurs. It's not a coincidence both of them have been honking this season, both drop out and you look far better.

Albeit, I appreciate that is a far fetched hope that the favourites won't come straight back in.

Definitely agree with that, although I think they'll be back in tonight.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

They've been our 2 worst players by a mile.  Hopefully both have an extended run out the side.  Surely Foran can see the improvement after they were left out against Hearts.

They've been our 2 worst players by a mile.  Hopefully both have an extended run out the side.  Surely Foran can see the improvement after they were left out against Hearts.

Not a chance he will drop either of them. It's his naivety and inexperience that keeps put them out week in week out...... there's always hope mind..

So, Murty only found out he was interim manager on the Friday night?  Who was in charge from Warburton's resignation on Monday then, Dave?

ETA: does anyone know if ICT are playing tonight? All the BT coverage has been of The Rangers.

Archived