Livi v Albion Rovers

Couldn't find the original match thread so thought I'd start a new one for this rearranged fixture. 

Despite our great win yesterday I'd be far more confident if this was away from home, heads up to the Rovers fans heading through, you will see the worst pitch in Scottish football, it is that bad. 

Not only because of the pitch but we have some fans at home games who just enjoy barraging the team and manager.

Rovers have given us two really tough games this season so far and I don't expect this one to be any different. 

It'll be interesting to see if we line up the same as we done yesterday with 5 at the back, it worked a treat so I see no reason to change, suppose it all depends on the fitness of Gallagher. 

Any win will do me here, either way I think we will have to be patient. 

This is a chance to extend our lead at the top yet again although it will mean we've played a game more, with Alloa and Airdrie playing each other next weekend a win will almost see us over the line. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had we won yesterday I would almost have went as far to say that this one didn't matter. However dropping 2 points yesterday has meant we need to try and take something.

I think we'll probably sit in for 0-0.

I can't see us winning this one the pitch is counter productive to every thing we are good at, lucky the utter basket case that is Airdrie will be no where near us in the table any time soon because they are utter horseshit.

34 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I'd take a guess that you've got the correct score right there.

Tuesday night on a tattie field is hardly crying out for a great game.

Shall we just settle for 0-0 now and not bother with the game?

I think we should try the same tactic as our away win at Rovers, let Todorov and  Buchanan start and keep Mullen in reserve for the last 15 minutes to inject an extra bit of pace to see if we can win a penalty for a trip on Mullen. He's good at drawing fouls and coming on fresh will make him even harder to play against. Just make sure Buchanan is off by then so he can't miss it.

In any case it'll be a tight game and pretty scrappy, big Tod should give us a bit more muscle to get through a packed defence and hopefully we'll nick a goal. Our defence has really tightened up with Halkett, Gallagher, Lithgow and Cighton in it, hopefully we'll play Longridge again too, and I don't think w'll get caught out on the break (famous last words).

*Edit to add, I agree with Andy, our home fans have no patience and will be on our players backs all game, idiots think we should beat every team 4-0 and get annoyed when teams make it difficult for us. Well Rovers will def make it difficult and we def aint going to score 4 goals.

Just now, sam2304 said:

Is the Livi pitch really that bad? Noticed a number of parks on Sportscene yesterday, Celtic Park, Tynecastle, Firhill etc all looked quite bad

It'll have divots all over it by HT, feel sorry for the guys with the pitch fork going about trying to sort the pitch during HT, fighting a losing battle, they'd be better just bringing on a big roller and flattening it all down.

13 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Is the Livi pitch really that bad? Noticed a number of parks on Sportscene yesterday, Celtic Park, Tynecastle, Firhill etc all looked quite bad

It is the worst pitch I've seen in over 20 years of following Livingston through every division. 

Dreadful :(

We've not had a bad winter either and we've had quite a few breaks from playing on it, to give it a chance to recover, but it is still a mess. I think it was just meant to be a temporary surface that was reseeded a couple of seasons ago, and a 3G pitch was meant to be down by now. One thing for sure, it wont last another season, they'll have to reseed it again or get a 3G pitch put down.

17 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

In more than 50 years of watching football I've never seen a pitch cut up so much in the first fifteen minutes of a game - prepare to watch 80 minutes of hoofball.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

We've not had a bad winter either and we've had quite a few breaks from playing on it, to give it a chance to recover, but it is still a mess. I think it was just meant to be a temporary surface that was reseeded a couple of seasons ago, and a 3G pitch was meant to be down by now. One thing for sure, it wont last another season, they'll have to reseed it again or get a 3G pitch put down.

Hey at the moment I'd even accept a 1G pitch

Just now, Durnford said:

Hey at the moment I'd even accept a 1G pitch

Ooft no, remember the one Dunfermline had, you got carpet burns from it every time you were tackled. Didn't a streaker run across their pitch and do a belly flop dive right across it too, brings tears to your eyes just thinking about the pain he'd have been in.

Not a mud field only because the weather has been pretty good though, feck knows what state it will get into with a bit of sustained frost, snow and pissing rain like normal winters. I wouldn't say it's as ba as Falkirk's was before they put down their plastic pitch, or Partick Thistle's when they had rugby played on it, you had to bye pass the middle of the pitch altogether or the ball just got stuck in mud. It's still a fecking state though and near impossible to play passing football on it for all  divots lying about.

How very odd, it's been dry all day, a heavyish shower tonight but nothing we haven't coped with before, shows just how bad the pitch is. 

Really disappointing, and feel sorry for the Albion Rovers fans who where on there way through. 

Archived