This one deserves a topic of it's own - I can't believe it's being hidden away in the Cowden topic.

It looks like Dean Brett is under investigation for betting against his own side. The ever-loyal 'good guy' was left out of the Cowden side yesterday as the SFA look further into his betting patterns. 

For those who can't be arsed to go through the mutant's thread, here is the highlight, as Dean himself comes on to try defend himself. :lol: 

STOP SFA WITCH- HUNTING 

Some facts....Dean has never given any less than 100 per cent in every game he has ever played. Dean has never gained any money for Cowden losing a match. No one cares more about the club than him.Dean could have left for higher leagues but chose to stay loyal to the club that has treated him like family.  More facts...Dean has been cited for inappropriate language on his Twitter account, and further witch- hunting, sorry, investigation the Sfa have discovered a couple of "coupon" bets that involved Cowden, one v Rangers that he scored in.  More facts...Dean has been stupid and maybe not the brightest. He, however is no cheat and will be gutted if he has dragged Cowden into this mess. Sometimes it's not easy to think straight when you have gone through so much as he has so young.

This all surfaced on 'dafc.net', where it is also being alleged that Brett wasn't the only player at it...

Commend Cowden for at least dropping him - hopefully he's suspended until facts a bit clearer than those above are revealed. If it's the case that he's bet against his own side even once, I'd expect to see his contract terminated and a hefty ban.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I seem to see, and read on the Cowdenbeath threads is this internet poltroon berwick-the-unbeatable coughing up and spewing his anti-Cowden bile.

I could begin to understand this obsession but Berwick and Cowdenbeath are geographically way apart, so there is no logical football rivalry there what so ever.

He makes constant references to an U20's player Charlie Denton and now he's taking some perverse delight in starting a thread on Dean Brett.

I just want to point out that this guy lost both his partner and child not that long ago.

He may not be in the best of places and I for one would be willing to cut the guy some slack.

Fire away folks.

All I seem to see, and read on the Cowdenbeath threads is this internet poltroon berwick-the-unbeatable coughing up and spewing his anti-Cowden bile.
I could begin to understand this obsession but Berwick and Cowdenbeath are geographically way apart, so there is no logical football rivalry there what so ever.
He makes constant references to an U20's player Charlie Denton and now he's taking some perverse delight in starting a thread on Dean Brett.
I just want to point out that this guy lost both his partner and child not that long ago.
He may not be in the best of places and I for one would be willing to cut the guy some slack.
Fire away folks.

Big Dents is one of the boys and you're clearly missing the irony in it all.

On his personal life, absolutely tragic events undoubtedly. To link the two is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Big Dents is one of the boys and you're clearly missing the irony in it all.

On his personal life, absolutely tragic events undoubtedly. To link the two is ridiculous.

How the f**k do you even know if they're connected or not. Fact is you don't, none of us do.

Rest easy.

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Fire away folks.

Aye in separate countries:lol: Berwick are just a poor mans TNS.

Archived