4 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Never saw him drawing out of a tackle. Have missed a few games but not that many. It's a right mess.

The point he is making is that no one would ever know. It is all very well saying this and that but it is purely conjecture as only Dean will know the answers.

Some of the comments on social media regarding this are eye openers.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I've tried to avoid reading about it after seeing people changing their display pictures to him.  What's being said?

Worst thing I seen from Dean himself was somebody posting on his wall saying 2787 and a shocked face to which Dean replied at least it wasn't 2788!  Clearly somebody struggling with an addiction.

Agreed. However how do we know that he gave 100% in those matches?  All it takes is for him to lose a 50/50 or not track his man as quickly as he could.  I'm not saying he ever threw a match but there's no way we can trust that for sure. Expect we won't hear anything until tomorrow anyway about how the club will act.

Fully agree.

It's all well and good him claiming he gave 100% and telling everyone he scored against Rangers, but it's utterly pointless. There's absolutely no way for anyone to prove he did, the same way no one can prove he didn't.

Really interested to see how this pans out, I'll be massively surprised if he doesn't get told he'll never play for the club again. I really don't think his interviews and social media presence will have helped him although I did notice there appeared to be a media photographer inside Central Park when he arrived for talks on Tuesday? Surely the board didn't sanction that?

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fully agree.

It's all well and good him claiming he gave 100% and telling everyone he scored against Rangers, but it's utterly pointless. There's absolutely no way for anyone to prove he did, the same way no one can prove he didn't.

Really interested to see how this pans out, I'll be massively surprised if he doesn't get told he'll never play for the club again. I really don't think his interviews and social media presence will have helped him although I did notice there appeared to be a media photographer inside Central Park when he arrived for talks on Tuesday? Surely the board didn't sanction that?

Presume the gates wouldn't have been locked so anybody could have wandered in. The club certainly wouldn't have sanctioned it - a media presence isn't really wanted for this sort of thing!  I know personally how upset my Dad (who is a director) has been over all this and expect the rest of the board are feeling the same - this is one hell of a stressful situation for the board and just what the club needs when we are fighting for survival - a split fan base!

EDIT - there's a fair on inside the ground this week so the gates were open to allow the public in.

The club has had a lot of issues this season. To me it draws on the professionalism aspect. Should we have put robertson in our squads knowing full well he had a rape trial or rape allegation case looming/going on. We signed greg ross - he leaves after what 2 months. Turner thing is a shambles did he have personal troubles if so how can our management not get the best out of him.Craig Johnston allegations now Dean Brett issues. On top of the fact that fox is fucking clueless and we have the secrecy behind the hearts connection etc. Theres just one thing after another. Our fans have every right to be angry with our current plight but we mop a shit load under the carpet. 

I dont buy into the theory that players are not trying. I think they are - they just simply are not good enough. Its not about bottle or hard work with them I dont think. There is a lack of technical ability and cohesion (fox issue) There are some players who mentally are weak however and have HUGE lapses in concentration during games - Mullen and rutherford being the main 2 for me.

as for dean Im not sure how things pan out now..

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

The point he is making is that no one would ever know. It is all very well saying this and that but it is purely conjecture as only Dean will know the answers.

Aye, you are correct.There's been players, good ones too, who in some games wouldn't even get their shorts dirty. 

Not sure what the club will do, but we could do without losing a good player. This may well hamper our attempt to move off the bottom spot, unless it somehow fires up the rest of the squad to play better.

As much as he is a good player, betting against Cowden while playing should be enough for your board to release him.

If one of our players was caught betting against Stirling, best player or not, Id want him to get so far to f**k.

8 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

As much as he is a good player, betting against Cowden while playing should be enough for your board to release him.

If one of our players was caught betting against Stirling, best player or not, Id want him to get so far to f**k.

Agreed. He was our captain last season and was betting against us?  It's pathetic that it's even being considered that he keeps playing for us. 

Again I feel sorry for Dean for everything he's been through but he's screwed himself over big style here.  

1 minute ago, Muzza81 said:

Wind your neck in a bit here. It is a childish and pathetic thing to say and should not be tolerated - which is why he has been punished.

I was questioning the guy who seemed quite tolerant of the thing you're saying should not be tolerated. My neck will remain where it is.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I was questioning the guy who seemed quite tolerant of the thing you're saying should not be tolerated. My neck will remain where it is.

Considering how morally fucked football is I would say this is the least of your worries, but on you go.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Utter whataboutery.

Perhaps, I'm not really disagreeing here. The point is the authorities have taken appropriate action for an unacceptable comment. Fans all over the shop will have different views on it and that will take time to eradicate these views, though I doubt they will ever totally go. If you want to fight a losing battle on here then you are a better man than me.

The point I was making about football being morally corrupt is that if fans are expected to cheer on and support murderers, sex offenders etc is there any surprise that they tolerate things that wouldn't normally be accepted? The whole industry is a sham.

1 minute ago, Muzza81 said:

Fans all over the shop will have different views on it and that will take time to eradicate these views, though I doubt they will ever totally go. If you want to fight a losing battle on here then you are a better man than me.

Surely the only way to eradicate these views is to call people out on them? You said yourself it shouldn't be tolerated, so I don't see why his comment should go unchallenged.

Fair enough. I do think the context is different though. If Dean had chosen a different work to insult the linesman I doubt it would have been much of an issue, which in itself is wrong, but that seems to be the way of it. Unfortunately he has chosen a word which implies that homosexuals are somewhat inferior, which is bang out of order and such views would not be tolerated by anyone. However, there is no chance he is smart enough to have meant this, he has purely intended to insult the linesman, had he said tosser I doubt we would be here. Which again is surely wrong?

Now I don't buy into the notion that Dean didn't know what faggot means. I believe he has just typed something without thinking - perhaps the story of his life?

If this was an actual homophobic attack towards someone then you wouldn't find a single person defending him or tolerating this kind of behaviour. 

Anyway, I can see the point you are making and I don't disagree as such..

11 hours ago, PELE said:

Not sure what the club will do, but we could do without losing a good player. This may well hamper our attempt to move off the bottom spot, unless it somehow fires up the rest of the squad to play better.

This is the problem . They can basically get away with flouting any rule if they are regarded as a valued player  by their club.   Clubs basically have no morals.  . 

Archived