Queens v Raith Rovers

Looking at the highlights, think Lyle is a bit lucky there.

Had this been a televised game he would have been in front of the compliance officer for that.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Had it been 60 minutes into a game and a big shout goes up from the crowd/protests from the players then that's a red.

You won't see anyone sent off that early in the game. That's just football.

Doesn't matter when it happens, if the injured player or his teammates or technical area think it's a bad challenge they will let the referee know about it. As far as I recall there were no protests from the Raith contingent. The ref thought it worthy of a free kick and a word in Lyle's ear, so he dealt with it, nothing for the compliance chap to get involved in.

That's kind of my point. It's so early in the game and naturally tensions aren't running high. I wasn't there so can't judge,but given that its the first thing Hughes mentioned post match then its bizarre if he didn't claim anything at the time.

The technical aspect of the foul wouldn't change, but if the circumstances within the game were different you could easily see a red there.

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I doubt it, given that both the referee and assistant had a clear view and chose to take no action.

He did take action though, he gave the foul.

I suspect most Raith fans like myself weren't too vociferous in complaining as we were still settling into our seats, also from where I was on the half way line didn't have the best of views as it was on the wrong side of the park and unlike our highlights camera I don't have a zoom lens.

Looking at the replay Lyle looks at JT just before it and there's a lot of arm/elbow movement, you cant even use the term reckless, that for me is both deliberate, dangerous and down right indefensible.

I think the ref bottled it, it was dangerous play and as such a red card all day long. Had that happened the other way around and JT had elbows Lyle in front of the main stand every Queens fan and his dug would have been screaming blue murder for a red card, and rightly so.

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

That's kind of my point. It's so early in the game and naturally tensions aren't running high. I wasn't there so can't judge,but given that its the first thing Hughes mentioned post match then its bizarre if he didn't claim anything at the time.

The technical aspect of the foul wouldn't change, but if the circumstances within the game were different you could easily see a red there.

^^^^ A hardened Raith fan not noticing manager deflecting blame from himself and the players on to officials. 

Just had another look at the highlights, that bugger Lyle handled it too before he scored. I did think well maybe not given that no Raith player appealed, but on closer inspection Stevenson is signalling to the Linesman that it was a hand ball.

40 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Just had another look at the highlights, that bugger Lyle handled it too before he scored. I did think well maybe not given that no Raith player appealed, but on closer inspection Stevenson is signalling to the Linesman that it was a hand ball.

If only you had slow motion replays of the opposition goals you may have spotted that earlier. ;)

Had a look there. He may have touched it with his hand. Can't tell definitively from the video. It certainly hit Davidson on the head first but it may have bounced on to Lyle's hand too before dropping in front of him.

It isnt his complaint. He is quoting Monkey Tennis. And for what its worth I agree with him. Thought the lack of replays on our goals was surprising. I would have thought your fans would be interested in picking out what went wrong on goals conceded. Our highlights are slower in production but they are also free and provide slow mo replays of all goals.

Tbf having looked at the Raith highlights Del should have been sent off. He knew what he was doing there. Lucky boy!

7 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

M,Vito reminds me of a Albatross great in the air but clumsy on the ground, great at high balls coming to him,but a really fast forward running at him with the ball in ground is a different story

Which is the main reason he's (M'voto) now plying his trade with us and not still hanging out with the likes of Silva, Cavani, Maxwell etc at his old club. We'll just have to suffer him until he moves on.

M,Vito reminds me of a Albatross great in the air but clumsy on the ground, great at high balls coming to him,but a really fast forward running at him with the ball in ground is a different story

Aye albatrosses are well known for being beaten by a pacy winger.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If only you had slow motion replays of the opposition goals you may have spotted that earlier. ;)

Had a look there. He may have touched it with his hand. Can't tell definitively from the video. It certainly hit Davidson on the head first but it may have bounced on to Lyle's hand too before dropping in front of him.

If that's been the case, it's one of these things where you can't really have much complaint. Doubt there's much which can be done, and we'd be delighted if we got a break like it. Simply the way football goes sometimes. No doubt sets up for a hilariously controversial hand ball against Ayr. 

21 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Nothing wrong with Lyle's challenge in the first minute. Looked like self defence to me.

giphy.gif 

Archived