Queens v Raith Rovers

1st half we played really well deserved more than our 2 goal lead.

2 nd half we thought the game was won we got lazy started to let Raith into the game..Raith got a goal back but never really looked like they would get a draw.Amazed Raith did not have a keeper on the bench.Surely they must have a young keeper as back up

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange team. Utterly bizarre to shoehorn Davidson into that, and not pick McHattie. Not surprised by the result.

Tuesday is truly a massive match. Genuinely fearful at this stage we're going down.

You can thank Gary Locke's idiocy for us having no young goalkeeper on the bench. 

Granted it is really shit luck that we've got three goalkeepers and they're all injured, but he brought in a loanee to play for the development side and as a consequence we don't have a U-20s 'keeper. Thanks Gary. 

That was pretty easy, first half especially. In true Queens fashion it was made to look a bit harder but we got there in the end.

The defence looked far more assured with Brownlie back in the centre of it but we did lose another poor goal.

How Ryan Stevenson wasn't booked for persistent fouling only the ref can answer. Aside from that it was a game low on controversy. I thought Dobbie might have been onside for his goal that was chopped off but I wasn't very near it. Shame really as he took it beautifully.

Raith look very powder puff going forward. M'Voto was their biggest threat.

Strange team. Utterly bizarre to shoehorn Davidson into that, and not pick McHattie. Not surprised by the result.

Tuesday is truly a massive match. Genuinely fearful at this stage we're going down.

Yeah. McHattie has his bad days but surely he has to come in at left back, what with him being our only left back in today's squad and all. Him at left back and either Davidson or Thomson at right back.

It looks like a case of trying to find a way to shoehorn three centre halves into the side without actually playing as a back three.

If we don't pick up 5 or 6 points from the next three matches I think we will go down.

Aside from that it was a game low on controversy.

Raith's Thompson should have been sent off in the second half. There was a bit of barging for space between him and our Thomson from a throw-in near the half-way line at the new stand side. The ball wasn't played in that direction in the end up but after it Thompson clearly kicked Thomson. Myself and John Rankin must have been the only two folk in the ground to have seen it :lol: Rankin was going nuts at the referee, so much so I heard exactly what he said: "Ref he just f£cking kicked him". He kept on at the ref to keep an eye on him (Thompson) and soon afterwards that's what the ref actually did. There was another bit of barging between the two to which the ref shouted "Right you two, cut it out, no more!" Something along those lines. But the 'drama' had faded by then.

A sending off all day long as it was a clear kick out. The boy has been lucky in that the ball wasn't in his vicinity and no one was looking.

Shut up !! never a sending off and I was watching him also as seen the queens guy pulling his shirt at the neck and he pushed the queens player away who made a meal of it. Talking of red cards Hughes thinks you should of been down to 10min after 10 seconds with j Thomson getting elbow to the face ! I thought it should of been a at least a yellow

7 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

Shut up !! never a sending off and I was watching him also as seen the queens guy pulling his shirt at the neck and he pushed the queens player away who made a meal of it. Talking of red cards Hughes thinks you should of been down to 10min after 10 seconds with j Thomson getting elbow to the face ! I thought it should of been a at least a yellow

Aye i must admit if that incident had happened later in the game Delboy would have been given at least a yellow card.

You clearly weren't watching or you'd have seen the blatant kick :lol:

Apart from the despicable "four, shree, shree" I was impressed by the way he spoke. He always comes across as a guy that would go nuts at half time but I thought there was a lot of praise there for his players. Certainly taking a positive outlook on it and not picking on one area or person for the goals. He said they were sloppy to concede but didn't pin it on the defence or 'keeper.

I reckon he'll have Rovers playing decent stuff next season. Would love to have Yogi at Palmerston.

11 minutes ago, Wardy said:

hThe only sending off should have been Derek Lyle in the first minute after his elbow to the face on Jason thomson. 

He was using  his arms to "gain height" when he jumped, every player does that. Even Raith players. Davidson should have been off for persistent fouling.

This was definitely a game of two halls, the first Queens were looking good, playing some nice football, the second half, you were wondering if you were watching the same team, and for bringing on Dykes he contributed nothing to the game, for a tall lad, he couldn't win one header, and is never a goal threat, maybe a drop down in division is what's needed.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apart from the despicable "four, shree, shree" I was impressed by the way he spoke. He always comes across as a guy that would go nuts at half time but I thought there was a lot of praise there for his players. Certainly taking a positive outlook on it and not picking on one area or person for the goals. He said they were sloppy to concede but didn't pin it on the defence or 'keeper.

I reckon he'll have Rovers playing decent stuff next season. Would love to have Yogi at Palmerston.

Depends if we're in this league or not. Ayr are 4 points behind and St Mirren are only 9. With that said, we're only a point behind Dumbarton and Dunfermline. 

I didn't go to the game today but it certainly sounds like we put up a decent fight towards the end. Yogi is honest enough to say the first half wasn't good enough. Partly it's down to the players and partly formation from the sounds of things. I'd hope we'll have McHattie back in for Ayr during the midweek as we can't keep fucking about with our defenders. I'd be delighted to see us put Mango in midfield to have him play as an enforcer. He'd add vital experience and a bit more bite. If things are going against Callachan and Thompson then they can shirk a wee bit or, in Callachan's case, can actually try things too spectacular. 

Let's hope we can go down to Ayr and get a much needed win. Massive game for us, and hopefully we can turn out fortunes. 

Depends if we're in this league or not. Ayr are 4 points behind and St Mirren are only 9. With that said, we're only a point behind Dumbarton and Dunfermline. 
I didn't go to the game today but it certainly sounds like we put up a decent fight towards the end. Yogi is honest enough to say the first half wasn't good enough. Partly it's down to the players and partly formation from the sounds of things. I'd hope we'll have McHattie back in for Ayr during the midweek as we can't keep fucking about with our defenders. I'd be delighted to see us put Mango in midfield to have him play as an enforcer. He'd add vital experience and a bit more bite. If things are going against Callachan and Thompson then they can shirk a wee bit or, in Callachan's case, can actually try things too spectacular. 
Let's hope we can go down to Ayr and get a much needed win. Massive game for us, and hopefully we can turn out fortunes. 

(Unless he has some sort of relegation release clause) I don't think it'll make much difference what division your in. The league below is just dreadful and a club of Raith's size won't struggle to come back up. Look at Livi! Daft as it sounds, relegation may not be such a bad thing in the grand scheme. For us it was a bizarre blessing. We got rid of the shite (manager included) and kept our promising youngsters. It gave them a good year to bond and we got the balance of old and young just right. The youngsters from that season earned themselves moves to bigger clubs as a result. Yogi is a good gaffer to have for a rebuilding job you'd imagine.

Archived