Queens v Raith Rovers

I'm heading down to this, Queens fans, suggestions please for car parking? Ideally some where that'll be ideal for going in to town before hand for a juice and walking to the ground, so I'm not having to move my car around when I get there. Much appreciated for the suggestions.
As for the team, I expect McHattie to come back in, Bene back in at centre half with Jean Yves, and Craig Barr to sit in front to give the back 4 cover.
I was down in April last year when we secured the playoffs, hopeful for another 2-1 away win.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I'm heading down to this, Queens fans, suggestions please for car parking? Ideally some where that'll be ideal for going in to town before hand for a juice and walking to the ground, so I'm not having to move my car around when I get there. Much appreciated for the suggestions.
As for the team, I expect McHattie to come back in, Bene back in at centre half with Jean Yves, and Craig Barr to sit in front to give the back 4 cover.
I was down in April last year when we secured the playoffs, hopeful for another 2-1 away win.

Long stay parking in town isnt great. You'd be as well parking at the Ice Bowl (next to the away end of the ground) and walking to the juice shops and back. The nearest ones, at Market Square, are only a few minutes walk and the town itself is only another couple of minutes more over the bridge.

Ice Bowl car park next to the stadium is ideal. Not too long a walk into town.

11 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Town centre parking usually about 2 hour max stay, some side streets are  less restricted. If your leaving right after the game you're maybe better parking near the ground before the game and walking to the Whitesands or town centre, about 10 mins. Plenty of pubs of all types, cafes, etc on the way. The QOS Arena right beside the ground has a cafe if you don't want a drop of the hard stuff. The Lounge bar at the ground I'm sure welcomes away fans if you want something stronger. Enjoy your day but hopefully you won't be celebrating at the end.

Canny see anything other than a two goal win. I'm sure Naysmith will revert back to the league team of Robinson, Mercer Dowie Brownlie Marshall, Thomas Rankine Jacobs Thomson, Dobbie Lyle.

This line-up certainly seems Queens strongest one at present.

Will be good to see John Hughes back at Palmerston. Several happy memories of bookings, a sending off etc from his playing days.

After our results v Rovers in recent times I am wary about this one. Yogi seems to have put some fire back into their players and it will be a hard game. Hope our defending is better than last weekend, though the weather forecast looks none too clever for Beckenbauer style manoeuvres.

I would take a 1-0 win for Queens - ball deflected off beach ball, ref's arse, stray dog on pitch, seagull swooping for a sh!t / pie etc etc....

A win at the 16th attempt would be nice.

I've never been to Palmerston. I was planning on attending, then I came to my senses a bit and took into account that we are usually poor to watch and the rugby's on the telly. Another time.

Need to get a couple of wins to get people interested again.

1 hour ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Liked how Yogi thought Queens were in the 2006 Scottish Cup Final and the interviewer agreed with him. Only 2 years out!

2006?  Maybe Yogi got mixed up with us and the defunct village team.

That being the case, he'd only have been 25 miles out... ;)

Archived