Queens v Raith Rovers

Coustrain will start, at who's expense, I don't know, but he will start.

He isn't in the development squad at all tonight which isn't like him which tells you, that he is very much part of Hughes plans this weekend.

Good news if that's the reason, hope its not an injury that's took him out of the development squad though.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sloop John B said:

Between Ryan Conroy,  Stephen Simmons, Mark Campbell,John Baird and Grant Anderson. All transfers between Raith and Queens should be banned for all eternity.

Reckon we got the best of Sparkie and of course John Baird will always be remembered for the only goal of the game at Easter Road. Still doing pretty good at Falkirk. Conroy didn't do much and Simmons was and is a bit of a fanny. Anderson was never consistent, could have been a player.

Who's next ?.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

If McHattie plays that would mean Benedictus returning to the centre of defence and that in turn would free Craig Barr to play in midfield. Hughes said that Callachan was his man of the match, so he'll play as will Stevenson after that goal. If Bobby Barr and Stewart play the only way Coustrain could start would be at the expense of Ross Matthews.

what about Davo, need him ?

46 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I would start coustrain in place of boaby Barr. When was the last time he had a good game? 

I thought he was pretty good on Saturday, I only really feel like we have a threat going forward when he's on the ball, and although he can drift in and out of games recently he is usually at the heart of most of our attacks. 

I dont get the Callhan being Hughes MotM on Saturday, he was absolutely average, much like he's been all season. 

He started off well, cracked a rib in early September, wasn't really the same after that and Naysmith maybe didn't see him at his best. Maybe Naysmith saw Thomas as a much better prospect and with Carmichael back, the opportunities for Anderson to get a regular game were limited.

Yeah I liked him too but every time you thought he was winning the doubters over he'd have a bit of a mare. Just not quite consistent enough at this level but has a bit of talent.

3 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Between Ryan Conroy,  Stephen Simmons, Mark Campbell,John Baird and Grant Anderson. All transfers between Raith and Queens should be banned for all eternity.

Shite player, Shite player, Good player who was past it, good player at every club but Queens at this level and a decent player who wasn't going to get any better. 

I can't remember the last time we had a player we signed from Queens themselves. 

On Barr, I think Bobby can be an excellent player. As we all expected, he's a player who'll either be utterly unstoppable or he can drift in and out of games. I noticed Joel wasn't even in the squad for the development team, which either means he's got another niggling injury or he's being kept for the first team. We'd be better punting Roberts to the reserves in that instance given he's only 20. 

If we can start Joel and Bobby I'd be delighted. For me Joel looked very confident going forward and wasn't phased against Hibs in the slightest. With a run of games I'd hope he could add a bit of creativity to our team, and free up a bit more space for Barr going forward. 

58 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I can't remember the last time we had a player we signed from Queens themselves. 

Out of curiousity I checked. It was Stephen Simmons ironically. Moved from us to you before he moved back. Before him it was Graham Weir. Thought it might have been Joe Hamill but on checking he went back to Livi for a year in between us. 

Looking forward to my trip down - it will be a really tough game but the optimism is far higher than it would be pre-Hughes. A win here would really take some of the pressure off of the Ayr game - lose and it will squeaky bum time on Wednesday.

Queens fans, any recommendations for a place to eat post game? Likely some pub grub type thing (but preferably not a Wetherspoons!) - as an added bonus, any pubs that do food that will likely show the Hibs v Townies game at 5:15? Cheers in advance!

17 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Looking forward to my trip down - it will be a really tough game but the optimism is far higher than it would be pre-Hughes. A win here would really take some of the pressure off of the Ayr game - lose and it will squeaky bum time on Wednesday.

Queens fans, any recommendations for a place to eat post game? Likely some pub grub type thing (but preferably not a Wetherspoons!) - as an added bonus, any pubs that do food that will likely show the Hibs v Townies game at 5:15? Cheers in advance!

The Caven Arms on Buccleuch Street serves great food and its nice and handy for the ground - its just over the river. Not sure if it will be showing the football though.

29 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The Caven Arms on Buccleuch Street serves great food and its nice and handy for the ground - its just over the river. Not sure if it will be showing the football though.

They have a TV in the bar area that usually has sport on, but there are only a few tables that you could realistically see it from whilst eating.  It is comfortably the best option for pub grub in the town centre though.

As for the game, I expect we'll see the same lineup as the Morton game.  A similar performance should see a similar outcome.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

They have a TV in the bar area that usually has sport on, but there are only a few tables that you could realistically see it from whilst eating.  It is comfortably the best option for pub grub in the town centre though.

It usually shows Sports News unless there is a live game on Council telly. They don't have a Sports subscription. I imagine it could get Alba and unless there's rugby on at the same time they'd probably not mind putting it on though. You are right that there are few tables you could see the tv from. There probably aren't any other options that would allow you to eat and see the tv at the same time either though.

15 hours ago, Flash said:

He started off well, cracked a rib in early September, wasn't really the same after that and Naysmith maybe didn't see him at his best. Maybe Naysmith saw Thomas as a much better prospect and with Carmichael back, the opportunities for Anderson to get a regular game were limited.

Tbf Stevie wonder can see Thomas is a much better option than Anderson.

Grant Anderson is pish. His crossing is absolutely abysmal and your lucky if he scores twice in a year at this level. The best thing Gary locke done was not offering him another contract. I was surprised qots even signed him in the first place

13 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Grant Anderson is pish. His crossing is absolutely abysmal and your lucky if he scores twice in a year at this level. The best thing Gary locke done was not offering him another contract. I was surprised qots even signed him in the first place

Wee bit harsh. Anderson, during his time with us anyway, was fine for our level and was one of the only ones you could rely on to flick on a header from a long ball. His aerial ability was brilliant I felt. He had decent pace about him as well. Won't argue re your comment about his crossing which, imo, was one of his main downfalls. 

6 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

This is the wildest Rovers post since that time I said Lee Robinson was fixing games.

I dunno, Coustrain has shown he can be a decent player when given the chance. Bobby hasn't looked the same player since he came back from his injury.

5 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

This is the wildest Rovers post since that time I said Lee Robinson was fixing games.

Well when was the last time he had a good Game? He hasn't scored in the league since the first Derby and it's not like he is creating chances left right and centre. All my Rovers supporting mates think he is a stick on for player of the year. Crackpots

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Wee bit harsh. Anderson, during his time with us anyway, was fine for our level and was one of the only ones you could rely on to flick on a header from a long ball. His aerial ability was brilliant I felt. He had decent pace about him as well. Won't argue re your comment about his crossing which, imo, was one of his main downfalls. 

I get what your saying and maybe it is a bit  harsh. I will forever remember his goal against Hibs, but when the only positive thing you can say about a winger is 'he was good in the air' that says it all

Archived