Ayr v St Mirren (the big one)

No guarantee we'd stay up?

A 1 in 4 chance, and I'd say that's just about right when you considering the confidence levels.

Well I've no clue who's where in the promotion places in League 1 but considering we've played 3 League 1 teams this year and never really won convincingly in any of those games I wouldn't say we'd be guaranteed to come through the play offs as winners.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that though

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And again, why would we possibly be playing for a point.

I never said you would, if you read my post you will see I said that Ayr were more likely to settle for a point than Saints. I don't see too many disagreeing but I don't see either team setting out with that intention.

1 minute ago, ftk said:

Zero. We have a good pitch very rarely a game is called off. Forecast isn't too bad either.

That's good, its been raining heavily in Glasgow today and supposed to keep up over the weekend I think so was getting worried. We have a busy schedule over the next month so another midweek game wouldn't be good, plus it would seriously affect the crowd for the game.

If McDaid is out then I'd be tempted to go with this team

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni Meggat Boyle

Forrest Cairney Adams Harkins

Moore Farid

Not a fan of Harkins out wide but I feel if we are going to play Farid then we need to get as many crosses into the box as we can and that can't happen if we play 4 central midfielders across the park.
McGuffie could play instead of Forrest but I think Forrest can be a different player when he's not expected to score all our goals like he was earlier in the season.

I would be tempted to go with something like

Fleming
Devlin Balatoni Meggat Boyle
Cairney Adams

McDaid Harkins Moore
Farid 

which would give us a bit more pace out wide, and hopefully we wouldnt get over run in midfield. Would give us the option to sit as 4-5-1, but could also open up as more of a 4-3-3

The game at Somerset earlier in the year aside, I think we've been the better side when we've played Ayr this season, so we shouldn't have anything to fear.

That said Stellios has looked shaky defensively, if Harkins turns up he could cause Stellios problems. Hopefully we see the same Gary Harkins that has played against us already this season.

I fancy Loy for another goal. He seems to be one of these players that doesn't appear to be offering much, but then pops up and scores.

Archived