Ayr v St Mirren (the big one)

3 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

You are from Greenock,you dont have any

Sorry. Couldn't read that through all the irony.

On an unrelated note here's a picture.

Capture.PNG.3c2057f5048491d5c0c5812671cb4eb2.PNG

Now I'll leave ye to planning yer journey to the seaside town of Ayr as you'll be doing much more of that kinda travelling next season.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Don't you dare f**k this up Ayr.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No chance. Killie were in shit last year and I don't remember posters going on to their match threads wishing the opposition luck. Weird behaviour. 

It seems like more of an thinly veiled threat of violence than a comradely gesture. 

Just so we're clear on the consequences of failure. 

We weren't shocking. We were down to ten men and generally plugged away under very difficult circumstances.

Agree with this. Defended fairly solidly when we went down to 10 men and was always going to be tough when Doc got sent off. Whole different ball game on Saturday with the prospect of Moore and Farid upfront together and I hope the absence of Docherty will see Cairney in the middle, his strongest position IMO.

1 minute ago, SuperShug1910 said:

Agree with this. Defended fairly solidly when we went down to 10 men and was always going to be tough when Doc got sent off. Whole different ball game on Saturday with the prospect of Moore and Farid upfront together and I hope the absence of Docherty will see Cairney in the middle, his strongest position IMO.

So you reckon we'll go 4-4-2?

Adams and Cairney in the centre is a must, I agree.

I'd also like to see Crawford return but I'm not sure if he's available (presuming McDaid is out).  Harkins on the other wing though?  Not ideal.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Morton fans in "enjoying their rivals hilarious failure" shocker.

Yer right. It's a brass neck. I'm gonna go think about my life choices.

There is enjoying it and then there's been downright obsessed with it. The vast majority of you lot are the latter. 

Carry on, nothing to see here etc. 

There is enjoying it and then there's been downright obsessed with it. The vast majority of you lot are the latter. 
Carry on, nothing to see here etc. 

You'll only be in a position to comment on lording it over rivals once your joke outfit actually lays a glove on your supposed county rivals in a league campaign. Which hasn't happened for the last 27 years; so get back in your box then.

1487635063495.jpg

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

You'll only be in a position to comment on lording it over rivals once your joke outfit actually lays a glove on your supposed county rivals in a league campaign. Which hasn't happened for the last 27 years; so get back in your box then.

1487635063495.jpg

IMG_-brs6am.jpg

8 hours ago, kanyewestbank said:

A defeat here and Jack Ross will use up what little goodwill he has left .Not sure what to make of his tenure to be honest,very occasional glimpses

of better things to come ,quickly followed by abject shite.Would be happy to retain him if we fall short by 2 or 3 points but 8 +  and he can collect his

impressive collection of padded bodywarmers/knitwear and do one.

Don't worry about the score or the football, so long as you take a good support down everything will be fine, "kanye." 

2 hours ago, kanyewestbank said:

Why are you bothering trying to ruin the match thread of two teams at the foot of the table  ? I posted a genuine post about the manager.the game and my fears

for the rest of the season,all of which is none of your concern or worthy of your sarcasm ,now run along "twat"

I'll do you a deal, "kanye."  You stop polluting Morton match threads along with the "its better than you thread" on a regular basis and I'll do likewise.  Deal?  Or you could just dry your fucking eyes and accept that rivals will wind each other up. 

Having seen both sides recently I'd expect Saints to edge this; McGinn, Magennis and Mallan (who didn't play at Dumbarton) look to have more quality than their Ayr midfield counterparts, and if Morgan has one of his better afternoons he could damage Ayr.
I'm not sure what I want to happen here, but I feel Ayr must score first to get anything.   Should be a lively afternoon.

I wouldn't be too unhappy at a share of the spoils, but I think first choice result for us would be a win for St. Mirren.

It's a massive game for both though and one they'll both feel they can win.

We've failed to win too many games against teams round about us and if we are to stay up then we need to reverse this, starting Saturday.

Although I don't think a draw is a good enough result, it would certainly be a better result for us that St Mirren. But having said that, I really hope McCall goes into this game with no fear and goes with an attacking line up.

With Docherty suspended this gives a bit of a dilemma but I would like to us line up

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni Meggat Boyle

Harkins Adams Cairney McDaid

Moore Farid

I wouldn't be abject to Crawford starting in place of Harkins. Or in place of McDaid if he is injured. But as far as big games go, this is as big as it gets for both teams.

18 hours ago, young buck said:

Try and be positive Ayr fans. I canae believe us sometimes. Ride the rollercoaster. We've just about beaten the league leaders at Easter road, jumped into the next round of the cup, got something out of nothing on Saturday, just bought a striker, have acquired a live wire attacker in mcdaid and here we are on here mumping about how many the worst st mirren side, maybe in history, are going to take off us in our back yard? No wonder the team like playing away. 

To be fair, we've also not won a game since pussy was a kitten.

2 hours ago, AUFC10 said:

I wouldn't be abject to Crawford starting in place of Harkins. Or in place of McDaid if he is injured. But as far as big games go, this is as big as it gets for both teams.

Out of interest, what do Ayr fans think of Harkins? I've seen Ayr 4 times this year and he's done nothing in every game, far too lazy off the ball. Always thought he was a skillful player who could produce a bit of magic at times but a luxury player that can't be afforded at this level.

8 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Out of interest, what do Ayr fans think of Harkins? I've seen Ayr 4 times this year and he's done nothing in every game, far too lazy off the ball. Always thought he was a skillful player who could produce a bit of magic at times but a luxury player that can't be afforded at this level.

Congratulations on inspiring Harkins to score some wondergoals on Saturday! 

Archived