Ayr v St Mirren (the big one)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will lose this if McCall plays with Harkins and Cairney out wide. I have a horrible feeling our midfield will be Adams and Rose with those two either side. In which case we will get pumped.

Fleming

Devlin
Meggatt
Balatoni
Boyle

Crawford
Adams
Cairney
McDaid

El Alagui
Moore

Harkins can get a reprieve and start if McDaid is out. In that case the team in the post above is probably our best.

Doc suspended so expect that Cairney will play more centrally probably alongside Adams.

McCall keeps saying he's looking forward to seeing Farid and Moore playing together so guessing we might well see two up front.

I wasn't there yesterday so absolutely no idea as to the extent of McDaid's injury if he's out then I'd bring Crawford in.

Fleming, Devlin, Balatoni, Meggat, Boyle, Adams, Harkins, Cairney, El Alagui, Moore, McDaid.

2-1 to the Super Ayr! We're due a win!

Should be a good atmosphere anyway, we'll take at least 1000 down maybe more since it is make or break for us. Always like going to games at Ayr with the terracing in the away end.

McGinn to run the show, 2-0 Saints. Dumbarton, Raith and Dunfermline to lose and the relegation battle to get really exciting.

Without a doubt should be a fascinating game. St Mirren need the win as do Ayr, but a draw wouldn't be as catastrophic for them as it would be for St Mirren.

Ayr have a lot of experience in their side with Balatoni and Harkins which could prove crucial in the end up. 

0-0 draw.

Having seen both sides recently I'd expect Saints to edge this; McGinn, Magennis and Mallan (who didn't play at Dumbarton) look to have more quality than their Ayr midfield counterparts, and if Morgan has one of his better afternoons he could damage Ayr.

I'm not sure what I want to happen here, but I feel Ayr must score first to get anything.   Should be a lively afternoon.

I thought St Mirren were horrific against that Welsh / English mob up until McGinn screamed one to the top corner, however after that St Mirren actually looked pretty good, albeit the other mob had a man sent off.

If the first 50 mins Saints turn up at Somerset I'd hope Ayr could horse them, however if the final 40 mins Saints turn up then I fear it could be a very tough afternoon for us.

(Incidentally I had a sneaky wee £50 on the Paisley Saints at a ridiculously huge price of 15/8 against, so thanks guys).

Archived