The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

Early thread for this particular duel between the teams. One defeat in six games for us coming into this game and one where we would feel confident of winning.

In saying that, the last time we played Dumbarton we were dreadful and deservedly lost the game, despite David Smith playing right back.

2-0 up vs Ayr yesterday against ten men, to lose two goals in stoppage time, what happened there?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to be confident. See no reason not to be confident, but would feel better if Baird could be back in the side.

Agreed to play with Austin and bring on BS last 20

If Baird is fit (which going from Houstons interview I doubt he would be) I would be start him with Miller and having Austin as the impact sub.

100% do the opposite for me

I've no idea. Genuinely no clue. Yesterday we strolled the game for 90 minutes, it's not even an exaggeration to say that Buchanan and Barr could've played with cigars. Then we completely blew up. I think it was angriest and most sick I've ever felt after a match.

We're better away from home this season, so I'm quite glad it's an away game and the Astro should suit us better than our bobbly pitch. Hopefully see plenty of Andy Stirling and wee Stam driving at the defence, although I'm a wee bit concerned that the downer from this week will have sapped morale.

Useless fact time. Did you know that since promotion in 2012, Dumbarton have won more points against Falkirk than any other team in the league. This is helped by the fact that Falkirk are only joined by Raith Rovers as the only other club that have been here the whole time!

Four wins and two draws from six matches in the league in 2017 puts us top of the league on form. Normally this is when we drop unexpected silly points.

Fully expect another difficult game against dumbarton. The only way it might not be is if we score early like we did versus Dundee United the crowd get behind the team and we turn the screw.

Rogers
Muirhead Watson Grant Leahy
Taiwo
Craigen hippo
Sibbald
Austin/baird miller

Playing well no need to change it now. Aird mchugh and mckee/kerr can all come on if needed

35 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Four wins and two draws from six matches in the league in 2017 puts us top of the league on form. Normally this is when we drop unexpected silly points.

Fully expect another difficult game against dumbarton. The only way it might not be is if we score early like we did versus Dundee United the crowd get behind the team and we turn the screw.

Rogers
Muirhead Watson Grant Leahy
Taiwo
Craigen hippo
Sibbald
Austin/baird miller

Playing well no need to change it now. Aird mchugh and mckee/kerr can all come on if needed

Nah, I'd play Aird ahead of Craigen to give us width.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Can't drop craigen on form. Lads been playing really well recently.

Goal aside I didn't think he was great yesterday. Having said that, neither was anybody else other than Hippo possibly.

I think it's horses for courses and I would prefer to see us playing with two wingers in this.

I've no idea. Genuinely no clue. Yesterday we strolled the game for 90 minutes, it's not even an exaggeration to say that Buchanan and Barr could've played with cigars. Then we completely blew up. I think it was angriest and most sick I've ever felt after a match.
We're better away from home this season, so I'm quite glad it's an away game and the Astro should suit us better than our bobbly pitch. Hopefully see plenty of Andy Stirling and wee Stam driving at the defence, although I'm a wee bit concerned that the downer from this week will have sapped morale.

Can't say that anger was my principal emotion yesterday. I will say though, that it was eerily reminiscent of how I felt when I heard that Leggy Mountbatten had passed away all those years ago.

How has Aird been for Falkirk? Always find it hard to judge how good or bad a player is on their time with ra peepul/the Queen's XI.

He looked bright in his first couple of appearances but had a death in the family so had to go back to Canada for a week or so and his replacement RW Craigen has hit a bit of form. I'd definitely like to see a bit more of him though.

Archived