The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Obviously I don't have the benefit of the highlights (hint hint FFC)

I saw some footage on YouTube last night. The person seemed to be using a camera phone, and managed to miss out three of the four goals.  :lol:

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Watson was about to head it and got kicked in the head. Must be different rules in Dumbarton

So for it to be a foul, Watson must have got to the ball first and in his effort to head the ball towards goal, he managed to clear it way out of our box and our player kicked him in the head having been too slow and beaten to the ball?

17 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

I saw some footage on YouTube last night. The person seemed to be using a camera phone, and managed to miss out three of the four goals.  :lol:

:lol: Reminds me of the pre-SonsTV days when I had to search YouTube in the hope of stuff like this

54 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

He pushed a guy in the back then done f**k all...he should stick to tweeting about his team...he's not interested in playing for diddies like us...he's rotten anyway

Were those 3 litre bottles of Strongbow buy one get one free today?

Get aird out our proud club...I have never hated a player so much since Hugh hill...no effort at all when he came on

He pushed a guy in the back then done f**k all...he should stick to tweeting about his team...he's not interested in playing for diddies like us...he's rotten anyway

Holy f**k. Pished again I see.

Whilst he wasn't great when he came on he certainly wasn't anywhere near that bad. Had a few decent runs with the ball however like his team mates his decision making was poor. He's certainly far from 'rotten'.

Not even the worst Canadian to play for us this season ffs.

28 minutes ago, Russ said:

Holy f**k. Pished again I see.

Whilst he wasn't great when he came on he certainly wasn't anywhere near that bad. Had a few decent runs with the ball however like his team mates his decision making was poor. He's certainly far from 'rotten'.

Not even the worst Canadian to play for us this season ffs.

It's close cause they are both murder..but he is the winner on the sevco Canadian bairns disgrace

12 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I would agree.

I would also say a percentage of our fans are sentimental fuckin lunatics, who know f**k all about football and just care about 'their boys'. One of them dyes their hair the same colour as the gaffer. Absolutely mind blowing.

FWIW I'm not lumping Big Mac into the above category.

586e36e233662_aitkensarmy.thumb.jpg.df6655c2e820f2c6e54a576c3486f8b2.jpg

On 26 February 2017 at 09:28, Russ said:

Like has been said he's been by quite a distance our best player this season and far more than 'one decent game every 4 or 5'. If he was consistent and at his best every game he wouldn't be with us.

He's improved a hell of a lot since we signed him last year and if he just adds a bit more consistency to his game he'll get a decent move imo.

100% this. Folk can moan about his inconsistency all they like, but he's still our top contributor with 7 goals and 4 assists. I'd also add that wingers are more likely to drift in and out of games because they often see less off the ball.

100% this. Folk can moan about his inconsistency all they like, but he's still our top contributor with 7 goals and 4 assists. I'd also add that wingers are more likely to drift in and out of games because they often see less off the ball.

I agree with that too, he had a poor game on Saturday but not sure we have anyone else who can play LW. If we increase our threat from the right we'd release some pressure on Hippo and stop him from being our main attacking outlet.

Yeah, they're up.  Some cracking goals in there.

On reviewing the key incidents -

- Watson, Taiwo and Muirhead all at fault for the first from Dumbarton

- Austin comfortably onside for our second

- ball looks over the line to me, but no killer angles to spot it from

- the boot which Watson took to the face was lower than I thought at the time, it would have been a really harsh penalty

- I think Baird is only just offside when Sibbald plays the ball into him.  Shame, because it's a peach of a finish from McHugh.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Yeah, they're up.  Some cracking goals in there.

On reviewing the key incidents -

- Watson, Taiwo and Muirhead all at fault for the first from Dumbarton

- Austin comfortably onside for our second

- ball looks over the line to me, but no killer angles to spot it from

- the boot which Watson took to the face was lower than I thought at the time, it would have been a really harsh penalty

- I think Baird is only just offside when Sibbald plays the ball into him.  Shame, because it's a peach of a finish from McHugh.

Would love to see the goals again but I'm afraid I'm I'm not subscribing to Falkirk TV for a month to see one games highlights :thumbsdown

Frustrating they won't show them without subscription. Seems a bit silly for a club like Falkirk to be doing that.

3 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Would love to see the goals again but I'm afraid I'm I'm not subscribing to Falkirk TV for a month to see one games highlights :thumbsdown

Frustrating they won't show them without subscription. Seems a bit silly for a club like Falkirk to be doing that.

Your mickey mouse club not muster anyone on Saturday to film it?

Because you've got a weird hatred of Darren Barr. 

Not at all. In relation to my comment there, he literally did that in this game; when Austin was called offside in the first half, Barr runs in the complete opposite direction of Austin and the ball. Was bizarre and definitely not the first time he's done it whilst playing for us.

More generally, he has certainly had some good games, but I would say he has been the worst performing player who is consistently in our starting 11 this season.

Absolutely nothing personal against the guy, I just feel he often plays like you would play in FIFA once you've been booked; running near a player but too scared to actually tackle or when he does put a foot in it's a foul (see the last two weeks).

Archived