The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, he was honking yesterday.

Just shows how things can look different when you watch it on the TV as opposed to being there. Whilst he wasn't at his best, I didn't think he done overly bad. For a 10/15 minute spell in the first half Austin and Miller run both him and Buchanan ragged. But they both settled after the Falkirk goal and from then I thought they were okay.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sibbald certainly wasn't at his best yesterday but he's been our best player this season and is - by some distance - the best player at the club. It would take a pretty catastrophic dip in form before we should be calling for him to be dropped.

As far as I'm concerned, if he's fit, he plays.

59 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Midfield bar Craigen went missing yesterday.

Didn't think Craigen offered much outside of his set pieces.

Thing is, we could argue that our midfield went missing for much of yesterday. At half time I said to a couple of folk around me that it felt like we have the 4 man midfield against you having 5 bodies in there, which was obviously the opposite of what was actually happening.

Just watched highlights and there looked like 3 decisions went for Dumbarton.
1. The ball looked in from Watson's shot
2. Baird was 100% onside setting up McHugh
3. Should have been a PK when Watson was kicked in the head.

They at least got the Austin goal right as the RB played him on.

Obviously I don't have the benefit of the highlights (hint hint FFC), but Watson certainly looked to run into Carswell's boot (iirc) as he cleared it. If anything it looked like a free-kick to us.

Obviously I don't have the benefit of the highlights (hint hint FFC), but Watson certainly looked to run into Carswell's boot (iirc) as he cleared it. If anything it looked like a free-kick to us.

Watson was about to head it and got kicked in the head. Must be different rules in Dumbarton

Watson was about to head it and got kicked in the head. Must be different rules in Dumbarton

It looked to me like Carswell cleared the ball before Watson came flying in. Like I said though you'll have a far better idea having seen the video. Did Carswell clear the ball, or was it someone else?

It looked to me like Carswell cleared the ball before Watson came flying in. Like I said though you'll have a far better idea having seen the video. Did Carswell clear the ball, or was it someone else?

Don't know who he is, but it would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

Craigen is now finally providing us with a replacement for the much missed Blair Alston.

Chipping in with goals, not afraid to take a shot from distance and providing decent crosses and corners.

Just a pity that he is slower than a sloth with a hamstring injury.

I thought it was Bucky but it was hard to tell.

Based on what I seen, including the replays, I had absolutely no doubt there was no infringement whatsoever. Will try get a chance to watch the highlights back tonight to see if I was right.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought it was Bucky but it was hard to tell.

Based on what I seen, including the replays, I had absolutely no doubt there was no infringement whatsoever. Will try get a chance to watch the highlights back tonight to see if I was right.

It could well have been. We were about as far away as possible and there was bodies all over the shop so I really just guessed to be honest.

Certainly on first viewing I'd have felt very aggrieved if it was given. Aside from standing and letting Watson charge in with it I'm not sure what else our player could've done.

So I just managed to watch the highlights back and will try to give as honest an opinion as possible on your above points.

1. How can you possibly say that was in? Or not in for that matter? The footage is utterly inconclusive and if anything makes it look not over the line.

2. 100% onside? Do your eyes have a programmed offside line system built in? Again the footage proves absolutely nothing and if anything he looks to drop back from an offside position. Can I say that's 100% accurate? Absolutely not.

3. Complete non event. Carswell gets the ball before the player arrives and clears it. Your player fling himself at it and kinda clatters his leg. Nothing in it. The commentator refers to him as Buchanan hence why I thought it was him, but it's defo Carswell.

So aye the footage is fairly inconclusive other than the Carswell incident. If anything I'd say the highlights made me think the opposite of BPM. If I'm in the wrong there's certainly nothing 100% about it based on what I watched.

Archived