The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

So, when Rogers goes back to Aberdeen at the end of the season, you guys believe Martin will turn out to be a good signing for the Bairns?

Until you guys signed Robbie Thomson I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see Aldo with you lot next season. I'm not sure now, he seems settled with us and has said he's in no rush to get back into full-time football. He's not actually played an awful lot in his career, so I think he's just happy to be first choice at a high level for once!

If Stevie leaves to join a 'bigger' club in the summer, I wouldn't be shocked to see him take Aldo as his number 1. David Mitchell is out of contract with Dundee though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with us (if we keep Stevie and Aldo moves on) or with Stevie (if he moves on and Aldo stays).

I'm aware that was a long and drawn out answer to a banterous question. But I'm bored.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully thats us hitting our stride at the right time navybluearmy1876. Morton have a tough run in of fixtures(5/11 games against the rest of the top 4) and dundee utd have a few rescheduled games and the irn bru cup as well. Its there for the taking.

6 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

I would tend to agree. Alan Martin seems to be overall a better goalkeeper. Rogers has a few years on Alan Martin to catch up through, especially being  'keepers. 

My point is that Danny loves the sons and last year he gave us a last minute penalty. I expect nothing less this weekend :lol:

Danny seemed absolutely delighted with the result as he left the pitch at the end of the game in December. Lots of smiles and applause towards the Sons fans.

21 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Stanton a doubt according to the OS, so I'd imagine a straight swap with Vaughan would be our only change if he was out.

I'd still like to see Cal Gal in for Thomson to give us some more natural width though.

We've been saying this for weeks now but it won't happen. Good chance for Vaughan to make his mark though.

Stanton a doubt according to the OS, so I'd imagine a straight swap with Vaughan would be our only change if he was out.

I'd still like to see Cal Gal in for Thomson to give us some more natural width though.

As much as I'd like to see CalGal given a bit of a chance, I think dropping Thomson might be a bit of a raw deal for him.

He's not a natural wide man, but he is a good outball and I think he's been quite effective in the last couple of games. And while I don't want to make a judgement on Cal Gal before seeing him play more, I suspect Thomson might give us more defensively, which might be crucial particularly away from home.

Archived