The Wheel vs The Rock: The 3rd Chapter

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Crawford Baptie said:

Just being bloody pedantic now.

A bit, yes, but I don't consider the Stirlingshire Cup as more than a youth/reserve tournament so wouldn't count it as 1st team activity which is what I think the lad was really meaning, although I admit he never specified it.

29 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Surely the only decision (assuming Baird not fit) he has to make is whether or not to put Aird in for Craigen.

Agreed, Can't see how Craigen can be dropped after the last few games, Bring Aird on about the hour mark. Haven't seen/heard anything regarding Baird.  

Rogers

Muirhead   Grant  Watson   Leahy

Craigen    Taiwo  Sibbald  Hippolyte

Miller   Austin(baird if fit)

Danny Rodgers was and still is a cracking goalkeeper. However Alan Martin has been exceptional for us this season and I would say a better signing than Rodgers.

I would actually tend to agree with this.

Absolutely no slight on Rogers who was superb with us, but he was young and was prone to the odd moment. In comparison Martin is a more experienced player than the Rogers we had on loan and other than his gaff against Ayr he's been ridiculously good.

Both top keepers IMO.

39 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

other than his gaff against Ayr he's been ridiculously good.

He's been at fault for two goals against Ayr this year, IMO (free kick last week he stuck himself in no mans land) but I agree aside from that he's been absolutely excellent. We could've done with Danny's penalty saving heroics on Saturday mind you.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's been at fault for two goals against Ayr this year, IMO (free kick last week he stuck himself in no mans land) but I agree aside from that he's been absolutely excellent. We could've done with Danny's penalty saving heroics on Saturday mind you.

To be fair (and with my Goalkeeper's Union hat/gloves on) I'd blame the wall for being about as watertight as Brabco's case for a new stadium. Harsh to blame him when the wall failed to cover their part of the goal.

A lot of unions related to us these day. TheFarPost - National Union of Journalists, myself Goalkeeper's Union, Ian Durrant...Just the Union in general really. 

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Danny Rodgers was and still is a cracking goalkeeper. However Alan Martin has been exceptional for us this season and I would say a better signing than Rodgers.

I would tend to agree. Alan Martin seems to be overall a better goalkeeper. Rogers has a few years on Alan Martin to catch up through, especially being  'keepers. 

My point is that Danny loves the sons and last year he gave us a last minute penalty. I expect nothing less this weekend :lol:

16 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

To be fair (and with my Goalkeeper's Union hat/gloves on) I'd blame the wall for being about as watertight as Brabco's case for a new stadium. Harsh to blame him when the wall failed to cover their part of the goal.

A lot of unions related to us these day. TheFarPost - National Union of Journalists, myself Goalkeeper's Union, Ian Durrant...Just the Union in general really. 

Can't say I agree. Martin is in charge of the wall, for me he set it up in the wrong position and then stood in a position which he couldn't see the ball from. It's nit picking though, Danny Rogers is probably the only keeper in the league I would consider swapping him for.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Can't say I agree. Martin is in charge of the wall, for me he set it up in the wrong position and then stood in a position which he couldn't see the ball from. It's nit picking though, Danny Rogers is probably the only keeper in the league I would consider swapping him for.

I'd need to see it from behind the goal to be fully sure to be honest, but to me it looked like Balatoni (IIRC) stood in the wall - our defenders just let him - then he ducked out the way as the shot came in, leaving Aldo unsighted. 

I could be wrong, but I'd expect my defenders to make sure that Balatoni couldn't perform something so basic so easily. 

Archived