Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I'll come up for this, as a fully-fledged cup final out-of-the-woodwork-crawler.

I'd take Fir Park. Direct train from Newcastle. How long does it take to walk from the station to the stadium there?

It's a good 15 minute walk. Airbles is closer but I doubt your train from Newcastle will stop there.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think I'll come up for this, as a fully-fledged cup final out-of-the-woodwork-crawler.

I'd take Fir Park. Direct train from Newcastle. How long does it take to walk from the station to the stadium there?

About 20 minutes. We used to leave the away stand and you could make the 5.15 train to Glasgow by a couple of minutes which was quicker than waiting on one from Airbles. Away stand is the furthest from the station though! 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's a good 15 minute walk. Airbles is closer but I doubt your train from Newcastle will stop there.

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

About 20 minutes. We used to leave the away stand and you could make the 5.15 train to Glasgow by a couple of minutes which was quicker than waiting on one from Airbles. Away stand is the furthest from the station though! 

Cheers guys. Guess it all depends on the KO time. Being honest, the lunchtime one would suit me better, but the evening one would be a better atmosphere. Lunchtime games are usually pretty flat (IMO).

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Fir Park is the perfect choice. It will probably be sold out and there'll be a great atmosphere. Easter Road would have been cavernous. For once the SPFL does the right thing.

Fir Park was fairly good for the Hearts v St Mirren game (micro-climate pitch aside). Decent atmosphere at the game and was right size for midweek match. 

17 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Fir Park does seem a strange choice to me but it's second in the poll behind East End Park.I take it the United fans see Dunfermline as a fairly sensible neutral venue that's easier for them to get to and the Saints fans are probably viewing Motherwell the same way.

The one thing I would say is the surface is still looking great. I thought the surface at Dens looked great at the weekend as well but that's not really a viable option!

East End surface is rotten just now. Maybe because we have USH working again (ie we paid to fix it and pay the folk for the oil now too). 

I'm puzzled as to why you think this, eck? 

The time doesn't bother me, more drinking time after. Decent capacity, not the worst for atmosphere. Not the most difficult place to get to. Would have rather it had been Easter road but hey ho. Plus it's on the Saturday, the correct day to be playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived