Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if United take 10,000 and I'd be astonished if Saints take any more than  4,000 - unless we start winning in the league, and avoid a humiliation at Celtic Park.

There's nothing even approaching a feel good factor around the club, and so the Diddy Cup final is unlikely to get the same reaction it would in a better season.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Am I being whoooshed?

Paisley and Motherwell can't be much more than 20 miles apart; whereas Dundee and Motherwell must have 80 odds miles between them.

I meant in comparison to Pittodrie or RP

A 10,000 seater would be about the right size for this. I don't see the crowd going beyond that. St Mirren to take 3k max Dundee Utd maybe double that. The game is live on tv. Some folk are bit put off this cup with the colt teams in it this year though would expect most that would have gone before still would be. Dunfermline would probably the fairest neutral option in being similar distance between the clubs. I don't think though the extra distance (20 mins ) would put off saints fans going to Perth and probably encourage more United fans

55 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

If it turns out to be Firhill then it'll surely sell out. We'd take 4000 at least and I'd imagine Dundee Utd would take double that.

Utd will not bring anything like that if it's in Glasgow on a Fri night - I'd be stunned if this proved to be true.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Football shouldn't be played at firhill never mind a final.

If equal travel isn't an issue, and let's face it why should be in a country our size, then Dens should be an option.

I'm no geography expert, where would the fairest location be between Dundee and Paisley? http://www.whatshalfway.com/search.aspx?search_type=WHW&addr1=Dundee&addr2=Paisley&stop1=&avoid_tolls=False&avoid_highways=False&travel_mode=DRIVING this website says Stirling, obviously that's not viable because of the stadium. Looking at that map, Dunfermline and Edinburgh would be fair enough for both teams.

Dens Park or Firhill would be pretty crap for either team, especially on a Friday night. Do both clubs have a say in the matter?

Archived