Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Dundee Utd thread with Aberdeen fans posting . Knew there was a reason my sevco senses were tingling 

I thought it was bad form that you didn't get the chance to defend the cup. It is a trophy you had a chance of winning

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its crazy given our position but the fans and atmosphere at the games just now is incredible. It's getting better each week, there is a special bond between the players and support just now, it actually reminds me of title winning seasons in the past.

18 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Didn't manage to see the game? After all the deliberations. how did the choice of venue work out? Much of a crowd?

Buses were up to 20min late due to road works. Trains running with 2 caridges leaving many fans stranded for over an hour. Before kick off I got a pie and could see there was not enough food which proved right only drinks available at half time. However I enjoyed the game. 

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Buses were up to 20min late due to road works. Trains running with 2 caridges leaving many fans stranded for over an hour. Before kick off I got a pie and could see there was not enough food which proved right only drinks available at half time. However I enjoyed the game. 

Watching your team getting beat does sound enjoyable considering the amount of moaning you did about the rest of your day.

11 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Watching your team getting beat does sound enjoyable considering the amount of moaning you did about the rest of your day.

Feel free to quote my moaning. The whole day was very enjoyable. The first half belonged to Saints though the first United goal was class. United were the better team on the second half. My day kicked off at 8am and got back to the flat at 11.30pm 

14 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fir Park is a tip by the way.

I know our legoland gets pelters but having sat in 3 different stands at Fir Park, i'd rather have our shoebox.

The main stand is shite but the Cooper stand was actually very decent. Good view, kept the noise in - even the stewards were sound with our display. Pitch was in excellent nick too. No complaints about the venue.

The main stand is shite but the Cooper stand was actually very decent. Good view, kept the noise in - even the stewards were sound with our display. Pitch was in excellent nick too. No complaints about the venue.

Going by reports from fellow fans the view from the first few rows was ridiculous, couldn't see any of the game because of the advertising boards ect.

Atmosphere sounded amazing though.

55 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Going by reports from fellow fans the view from the first few rows was ridiculous, couldn't see any of the game because of the advertising boards ect.

Atmosphere sounded amazing though.

Yeah, the floor level at row A is about a metre under the pitch level, so sitting there the view was never going to be great. Made worse by the fact they put up metal barriers (which they put down flat after about 10 mins into the game due to complaints) before putting them back up again towards the end 'under orders from upstairs'. They also put a stewards around the pitch towards the end which blocked the people sitting in the first few rows view. They really should not have sold rows A-D if they were going to have that level of security. 

20 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

I took the train and it was fine- 6 carriages on the way out and luckily got the Virgin train from London on the way back from Motherwell. 

Crazy decision for the last 10 mins. It's asking the supporters to stand up to try and see then being told by stewards to sit which could turn from resentment to anger. Like you say, if they were going to do that, they should have done due diligence beforehand and if they found they couldn't see the pitch with these measures in place, then tickets for these areas should not have been sold.
I'd apply for compensation if I was you although I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. It might help them with future games though

Archived