Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its now Saturday or Sunday, i wont be making it unfortunately. Im down in Wales for the weekend for my mates testimonial at Cardiff City. I reckon they should have second thoughts on a friday night final IMHO

7 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

I'm happy with it if true but Alba are to show it, and they can't do that at 3pm on a Saturday as I understand it. Happy to be wrong tho emoji6.png

they normally start broadcasting at 1600 at the weekend but have been know to start at 1300 for the odd Pro12 game

14 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

No they don't, they start at 17:05 for 17:15 kick off for live TV matches

on there schedule they show an hour of children's TV at the weekend before the live football on a Saturday and on the Sunday. The St Mirrien game on Sunday was a 1610 kick off and they have Glasgow game away to Ospreys on Sunday and it is a 1305 kick off 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It's neutral as neither team play at that particular ground. 

It is not, however, a good selection as it isn't exactly great for us Utd fans...

With the road works at the west end of the M8 it'll probably be quicker for United fans to get there than Saints fans.

Fir Park does seem a strange choice to me but it's second in the poll behind East End Park.I take it the United fans see Dunfermline as a fairly sensible neutral venue that's easier for them to get to and the Saints fans are probably viewing Motherwell the same way.

The one thing I would say is the surface is still looking great. I thought the surface at Dens looked great at the weekend as well but that's not really a viable option!

4 hours ago, eckthearab said:

I'm happy with it if true but Alba are to show it, and they can't do that at 3pm on a Saturday as I understand it. Happy to be wrong tho emoji6.png

No live TV coverage is allowed between 2.45 and 5.15 on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Saints fans won't go via the roadworks - they'll go straight along the M74 and off at Motherwell.

Good to know.

I live in Glasgow, so keep forgetting about that bit of the M74 :-)!

Sounds like going from Glasgow would still make sense to head back west first and get on to the M74?

Archived