Irn-Bru Cup Final - Dundee United vs St Mirren

lionel hutz

Final Venues  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Tynecastle for me, if not, Easter Road. Fu*k going anywhere near Glasgow in general, never mind a Friday night.

I vote for Easter Road, given I live 5 minutes away. Or Dunfermline for the steak bridies.

I would be astonished at that what sort of crowd are they looking for, it isn't really very neutral either and firhill is a tip

Fir Park is clearly the best choice. If it's held at Easter Road it will be half empty - get it at Fir Park where it will be sold out and there'll be a great atmosphere.

Firhill is a woeful choice. You can't be staging a final at a mickey mouse stadium like that.

Football shouldn't be played at firhill never mind a final.
If equal travel isn't an issue, and let's face it why should be in a country our size, then Dens should be an option.

Not cool guys.

giphy.gif

Friday night cup final is a huge let down. SFA seriously these fools runing Scottish Football what planet are they on. Who has the TV rights to this game ? BBC Alba who pay next to hee haw for live coverage of games. Who did that deal SFA. Venue ? Edinburgh for me. No matter where this is played it means a hotel making it expensive so will wait to see where this gig is held. Friday night ffs. 

13 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Are Dundee United fans taking this seriously?

Minter.

No idea who you support ? Granted it's not a Scottish cup final none the less it's a cup final. I remember we played Hamilton in the final at Airdrie. Was completely taken by surprise it was a sell out, end to end football. Was a great game and brilliant atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I remember when both of these clubs were considered quite "big".

Now they're challenging for the Challenge Cup. Pretty big fall from grace.

It's a calamitous fall from grace for Euro giants United.

For example did you know we have p4 w4 against Barcelona?

A final on a Friday night is just crazy but it would not surprise me what with our ruling bodies record of calamities. If it so happens they do try to hit us with the Friday, hopefully both teams will be making a stand against it. I would hope that both teams were consulted on this before making any announcements anyway. There's no reason it can't be played on the Saturday teatime as there is no schedule of Alba showing a game at that time in place as of yet.
As for the venue? Plenty of good suggestions made, but surely something between 12-15000 if not more could be achieved from both teams. That's my thinking on the matter anyway [emoji6]

Archived