Not populist not xenophobes they are racist

pawpar

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Possibly interesting reading for yourself, Robert: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

(Barking & Dagenham still 49% white apparently, which sounds pretty fucking ethnically diverse to me)

That article puts a very positive spin on White Flight and no doubt warms the cockles of the liberal hearts but it's disingenuous spin designed to counter the growing resentment towards uncontrolled immigration.

The truth of it is that those with the financial means to escape creeping tide of changing racial  and cultural demographics will do so. That isn't about aspiring to a cottage in Leigh on Sea.Those Whites still in those areas are almost certainly financially trapped.

Lying to ourselves about the reality does nothing for community cohesion. The changing racial/cultural ( they usually come as a package) demographics are happening too quickly and without respite. No wonder the original residents are fleeing if they can. 

That's what happens when over 300,000 foreigners come in to your country every year for over a decade and are not given any encouragement to integrate I don't think that here in Scotland we have any right to comment and judge on English immigration problems when we have been so insulated against the extreme levels of immigration  they are experiencing.. 

Btw I worked in Dagenham in the early '80's ( Whalebone Lane) and later again in 2004. The change over that 20 years was striking.

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Given the birthrates in most western countries are well below the replacement rate of 2.1, the choice is between immigration to keep numbers up or a sharply declining population. The latter scenario can be very bad news for anyone that expects to live off a state pension for the last 20 years of their life.

Two thoughts:

1. I suspect that immigration lowers the native birthrate.

2. That's an argument for high skilled and productive immigrants. Immigrants and their US born children suck up public services at a higher rate than natural born citizens. Entire classes of immigrants are not net contributors to society.

10 hours ago, Booker-T said:

c***s?

give us 3 immigration concerns you have

Increased economic inequality.

Decreased social trust. Democracy and capitalism that truly work both require a society with high levels of social trust. When you bring people from low trust societies you are bringing the habits that lead to low trust societies.

Decreased quality of public services for working and middle class.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You didn't mess with Canada because you didn't want the British to burn down Washington again.

Battle_of_New_Orleans.jpg

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

That article puts a very positive spin on White Flight and no doubt warms the cockles of the liberal hearts but it's disingenuous spin designed to counter the growing resentment towards uncontrolled immigration...

Meanwhile if there were no immigration, population would go into decline due to the birthrate being below the replacement rate. That would mean that there would be no reason to build new houses in significant numbers and over time a lot of houses would start to lie empty creating a buyer's market that would cause property and rental values to plummet. Not good news for a society that in recent generations has been very much encouraging people to buy a house and take on a mortgage given it could even under extreme scenarios lead a lot of people into negative equity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-151319/Birth-rate-drops-lowest-ever.html

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

That article puts a very positive spin on White Flight and no doubt warms the cockles of the liberal hearts but it's disingenuous spin designed to counter the growing resentment towards uncontrolled immigration.

The truth of it is that those with the financial means to escape creeping tide of changing racial  and cultural demographics will do so. That isn't about aspiring to a cottage in Leigh on Sea.Those Whites still in those areas are almost certainly financially trapped.

Lying to ourselves about the reality does nothing for community cohesion. The changing racial/cultural ( they usually come as a package) demographics are happening too quickly and without respite. No wonder the original residents are fleeing if they can. 

That's what happens when over 300,000 foreigners come in to your country every year for over a decade and are not given any encouragement to integrate I don't think that here in Scotland we have any right to comment and judge on English immigration problems when we have been so insulated against the extreme levels of immigration  they are experiencing.. 

Btw I worked in Dagenham in the early '80's ( Whalebone Lane) and later again in 2004. The change over that 20 years was striking.

What's your take on lots of white middle class moving into Brixton?

5 hours ago, The OP said:

What's your take on lots of white middle class moving into Brixton?

Escaping the displaced Vulcans who've moved in to Kettering.

The concept that large numbers of people see other people with different skin hues and want to run away is an interesting one. Real chucking spears at the sun stuff. Not sure how you manage to remove those particular scales.

I'm just happy that my faith in the Flying Spaghetti Monster gets me through such trying times.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Thank goodness you are here to tell us all how to think and how to act.

I genuinely wouldn't know how to handle myself without you.

NSFW forum for that sort of chat...

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Thank goodness you are here to tell us all how to think and how to act.

I genuinely wouldn't know how to handle myself without you.

In fairness you don't know how to handle yourself.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Apparently neither do you. A former councillor running around abusing other forum members? Fucking hell.

Seriously bud, if you are able to become a councillor, no wonder local council services are in such a state.

Easy to stand on the sideline and throw rocks.  If you have so much to offer you can try it.  You can become the Donald Trump of your own local authority.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Easy to stand on the sideline and throw rocks.  If you have so much to offer you can try it.  You can become the Donald Trump of your own local authority.

He'd have to be in the same room as the idle poor at surgeries. The aftermath would be like Niles Crane wiping down the furniture. Only he'd work much harder at it, of course.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

He'd have to be in the same room as the idle poor at surgeries. The aftermath would be like Niles Crane wiping down the furniture. Only he'd work much harder at it, of course.

He'd have to adopt a 'break the mould' type approach whereby surgeries were only accessible to folk above a certain income bracket.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

He'd have to adopt a 'break the mould' type approach whereby surgeries were only accessible to folk above a certain income bracket.

Entirely fair. They're the ones paying the councillors' wages, after all  *wipe wipe*

I'm curious about Oaksoft's opinion of folk who earn over a certain amount, but are still idle. Where does our old friend MozzaMozza stand in the hierarchy of human detritus?

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Entirely fair. They're the ones paying the councillors' wages, after all  *wipe wipe*

I'm curious about Oaksoft's opinion of folk who earn over a certain amount, but are still idle. Where does our old friend MozzaMozza stand in the hierarchy of human detritus?

Who's MozzaMozza?

On 18/02/2017 at 20:39, pawpar said:

From now on I make a pledge anybody on any thread that quotes either MuckSpreader or Deplorable I will red dot them. 

Shots fired.  White bullets i hope..

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who's MozzaMozza?

Wasn't he Foreign Secretary under Callaghan?

Ooh, the nurses are doing us rhubarb and custard for dessert tonight, lovely.

15 hours ago, McSpreader said:

That's what happens when over 300,000 foreigners come in to your country every year for over a decade and are not given any encouragement to integrate

Why the f**k is integration in any way an issue?  Whenever was there a need for us to be an homogeneous country?  Shouldn't we be celebrating styles, mores and complexity?

The true truth is that 'Leave' supporters object to immigrants from A8 countries, Africa and Asia, (including India, Pakistan and Bangladesh) and that they haven't an issue with 'nice' Europeans from Norway, France, Germany and Denmark.

A further truth is that we had border control over many of the 'not acceptable' immigrants and Brexit will change heehaw..apart from 'weeding out' the A8 yins.  A few racists will be duly pandered to.

Archived