Partick Thistle Vs Heart of Midlothian

Hughes getting injured in the warm up clearly never helped but why didn't we just drop Nowak to CH which is his natural position and bring Kitchen in. Then everyone is in their normal position. Instead we moved a left back to centre half and had a centre half in midfield. Being cute just for the sake of it.

Don't understand why Kitchen has been dropped anyway. Was excellent against Rangers, then dropped. Played in the wrong position against Hibs and then hooked. He's had some poor games this season but he's also had good ones.  There's nothing Nowak offers in that role that Kitchen doesn't.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooft! 

Expected an underperforming  Hearts team to battle back from their recent poor results and at least scrape a draw today. Thistle are usually quite generous when it comes to helping opposition gain some points after a poor run but my goodness...!

Hearts offered nothing! Lazy, cynical, uninspired and lacking any real cutting edge. 

In contrast, Thistle went about their business in a very professional manner. The early goal helped but I think we would have won today anyway... No failures across the park, everone did their job as well as they needed to. 

We have a few special players that make the difference on days like today. Doolan is a special player and we are incredibly lucky to have kept hold of him for all these years!

Liam Lindsay I think will go on to play at a much, much higher level. He has weaknesses but they are very few and massively outweighed by his strengths... We need to get him signed up on a very long contract before some English Championship side snap him up for £150k!

Next stop Dundee...

OTIG

IMG_5568.JPG

I'm from the starting position of wanting Cathro to do well because it will noise up the usual cast of Scottish football dinosaurs but on reflection that might have been the easiest win we've had all season, think Cerny fielded a weak shot from Nicholson in the 2nd half and had a couple of crosses in the 1st half and literally nothing else.

Seemed a very specific formation for us, Barton stuck out wide left, I though at first he might have been man marking Djoum but it might have been the old John Lambie tactic of having a guy to win header from goal kicks, and it worked. Keown seems to have inherited his dad's aerial ability without the cuntinshness. Realised earlier that's Keown, Barton, and Devine who have all represented RoI at u21 level without being born there. Par***** Thistle IMO.

Goncalves had been a walking red card since before he was booked for dissent AFTER A FOUL HE HAD WON. Bikey looked quick but he is too small to play up front alone and Nicholson is still a diving wee c**t, though at least he tried. The right back was the biggest non-trier of the lot.

No complaints, delighted to be proven wrong.

This Hearts team look absolutely average. Seem in no rush whatsoever to try and get back into the game.

This didn't change whatsoever into the second half. Instead they went into further shit fest mode. They all look absolutely meh about playing and most basic estimation is that those players don't trust their manager, nor give a f**k. I'd like to see Cathro succeed but it's not looking great at present.

First half we were absolute boss but second half got dragged into a back and forth physical slog with Hearts. It was brutal but the result was such a prize worth getting to.

Partick are underrated as feck with a great wee manager.  Go yourselves. 

Hearts have to realise for the first time in twenty years they aren't spending what they can't afford and will be mediocre pish. 

38 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Hearts have to realise for the first time in twenty years they aren't spending what they can't afford and will be mediocre pish. 

This such a pish line. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Aye OK, got the Devine thing wrong, he played for the North at u21 level then declared for the Republic but wasn't capped.

Watched the youtube highlights there, first goal looks decidedly off and hard to see much in the challenge for Goncalves' second yellow but he'd been winding the ref up all day and was bit fortunate to get away with a deliberate handball being called as a foul after he'd been booked (as was Nicholson) so I think the ref had decided that he was gone for his next foul of any substance.

Big Liam :wub:

36 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Aye OK, got the Devine thing wrong, he played for the North at u21 level then declared for the Republic but wasn't capped.

Watched the youtube highlights there, first goal looks decidedly off and hard to see much in the challenge for Goncalves' second yellow but he'd been winding the ref up all day and was bit fortunate to get away with a deliberate handball being called as a foul after he'd been booked (as was Nicholson) so I think the ref had decided that he was gone for his next foul of any substance.

Big Liam :wub:

Thought the same about Doolans first (he was offside a fair number of times through the game) but I'm sure there's a player over to the right of the goal playing him on.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hughes getting injured in the warm up clearly never helped but why didn't we just drop Nowak to CH which is his natural position and bring Kitchen in. Then everyone is in their normal position. Instead we moved a left back to centre half and had a centre half in midfield. Being cute just for the sake of it.

Don't understand why Kitchen has been dropped anyway. Was excellent against Rangers, then dropped. Played in the wrong position against Hibs and then hooked. He's had some poor games this season but he's also had good ones.  There's nothing Nowak offers in that role that Kitchen doesn't.

Totally agree.  It's these strange decisions that are worrying.  Playing shite can happen but not helping ourselves putting square pegs etc.  

The H#ns game seems a long time ago now. 

Archived