Partick Thistle Vs Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

So you should just turn up and we roll over to have our tummy tickled?

Surely fans of any team are allowed to be pissed off at another gutless disjointed performance? Cathro still derserves time - end of season at least - but fact is, Robbie left us in 2nd place. Partick rightly took advantage of us. That's the game.

As to Hearts... our 'director' of football needs to talk, or walk. If our direction isn't the director's responsibility, then what the France does he do? Maybe just get in the one manager and save the extra wage?

Utterly pathetic.  Last away game I'll be at this season I reckon.  Partick thoroughly deserved the win.

Not that it matters as we'd have lost with 12 men on the park but I don't think either of Goncalves yellows were bookings.  First he's been annoyed at being kicked and the second isn't even a foul never mind a yellow.  The linesman is a foot away and doesn't even flag for it.

2 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

There were a lot of highlights, but Rherras' comedy walk back to the halfway line after getting done by Dumbuya was outstanding, I pray someone makes that into a gif. 

animated-chicken-image-0042.gif.96273edbe422d2791dfcada790d82e2a.gif

Lindsay, Devine and Keown were excellent, mopped up everything easily. I thought Lindsay was man of the match last week and can play at a very high level. He went all Diego Costa in the box, what a turn and finish.  

The jambos in the aitken suite before and after the game were sound,and very magnanimous. 

Good victory, good beer, good c***s and good shish mahal curry

Perfect Saturday. 

Utterly pathetic.  Last away game I'll be at this season I reckon.  Partick thoroughly deserved the win.
Not that it matters as we'd have lost with 12 men on the park but I don't think either of Goncalves yellows were bookings.  First he's been annoyed at being kicked and the second isn't even a foul never mind a yellow.  The linesman is a foot away and doesn't even flag for it.

I watched the game on our online video stream and whether you agree with the two cards or not he was bitching, whining and complaining all game. He picked and niggled and at end of the day I think most people at the game or watching it with luxury of replays could see he was on his way to a red card.
If Cathro has any savvy he would have taken him off 5-10 minutes after first card, but he didn't. [emoji6]

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I was too far away to accurately see either but my mate said to me at the start of the second that Goncalves had lost his shit. After that I kept an eye on him and he was on full permanent rage 

5 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

I watched the game on our online video stream and whether you agree with the two cards or not he was bitching, whining and complaining all game. He picked and niggled and at end of the day I think most people at the game or watching it with luxury of replays could see he was on his way to a red card.
If Cathro has any savvy he would have taken him off 5-10 minutes after first card, but he didn't. emoji6.png

I'm not denying he should've been hooked after his first, I said as much to my brother at the game. But just because someone looks angry doesn't mean his 2nd was a yellow. Anyway I'm more annoyed about it in the context of him missing Wednesday as opposed to today.

No idea why the physio let Walker go on after the first time she took him off.  He was out of it from the moment he got hit to the moment he came off.  At least she stopped him going back on after that, could've been dangerous.  

It was nailed on there would be a sending off at some point, but the way our subs came on, could well have been more than one.  Lawless was petulant, and Azeez just looked a bit too excited to be involved.  A very niggly game at times - Erskine was acting like a dick all game, Barton probably shouldve been booked for taking the huff and pushing away at one of the Hearts players.  The Hearts number 4 (I think) had a wee kick out at Erskine at one point.  There was part of the game where there were 2 or 3 different arguments going on at one point.  

Probably as good as I've seen us play in a long, long time.  We actually showed fight, rather than just playing some nice stuff then shitting ourselves.  The three at the back really is the best system for us, all three absolutely strolled it.  Barton didn't have his best game, but I absolutely love his languid, can't-be-arsed style.  Hearts were absolutely dreadful though.

Like any referee and linesmen they missed fouls for both teams. I didn't think the referee had a bad game. Hearts look really mediocre. Looked lively in spells of game but Cathro has no real purpose built into the team. Some good players, but when Walker went off, who is clearly Hearts best player, looked totally devoid of ideas. You could also make the argument Nicholson was lucky to stay on the field.
Rangers must be ecstatic with this result. I'm happy we won but sad Rangers weren't punished.

In regards our beloved Jags...I thought what was really excellent and will see us potentially get that top spot is the quality of our GK, in Cerny and our defense as a whole. Devine, Lindsay and Keown where outstanding. Our full backs did their jobs well with even Christie making a mug of the Hearts left back when he came on for Muzzy.
Osman, Barton and Edwards are all extremely hard working and Erskine gives us so much.

Doolan is a first rate goal scorer. He's going to smash that 100 barrier and some this season.

Excellent result and with fixtures ahead I'm excited and my glass looks half full tonight instead of half empty. [emoji106]????

Top 6 or not we are pushing away from the pish at the bottom. That's comforting.

Hearts team has no backbone - spine of team is
sadly lacking. I strongly disagree with overseas signing policy but if you go down that route you have to recruit players that are better than those available in Scottish/U.K market.

Tziolis is a talented player but nobody seems to have told him that Scottish football is played st 100mph. If he had done his homework - he would probably have looked elsewhere.

Hearts are dramatically over rated by football pundits and the media in general - they continue to struggle away from home where their form is desperate. Players are lucky to be playing in front of big home crowds that create great atmosphere and very often make the difference.

Hearts decision makers need to have a long hard look at the playing mess that exists and the manager's early decision making is singularly unimpressive.

Archived