Partick Thistle Vs Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts are there for the taking. I wasn't particularly impressed with them at Firhill earlier on in the season when we were rank rotten. They mugged us that day. We should also have hammered them at Tynecastle in December.

Normally I'd be happy enough with a point at home to the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen, but Saturday is a big opportunity to keep our good form going. Will be my first home game of the year, so I'm looking forward to it.

Pint of yer finest Prahva please, barkeep.

I'd like to think our players would have the same mindset as the two posts above and go into this one thinking they can control the game and win.

But I doubt it. We seem to play better at Tynecastle, Pittodrie and Celtic Park than at home to the bigger teams, where it seems like there's a bit of a mental block.

Would hope that we go 3-5-2 for this one. Barton is infinitely more influential from defence and Devine and Lindsay could be exposed to Goncalves' pace in a two. That said, the old trio of Doolan, Erskine and Lawless looked lively against Hamilton, and I can't see the latter getting in a 3-5-2 lineup. Suddenly feel a bit light in centre mid with Welsh out for the foreseeable future. Might be an opportunity for one of the younger boys like McCarthy to step up and get some minutes.

The games so far this season have been pretty close but you'd imagine Hearts will be flying if they horse Hibs tonight, dethroning them as cup holders in the process.

3 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Would hope that we go 3-5-2 for this one. Barton is infinitely more influential from defence and Devine and Lindsay could be exposed to Goncalves' pace in a two. That said, the old trio of Doolan, Erskine and Lawless looked lively against Hamilton, and I can't see the latter getting in a 3-5-2 lineup. Suddenly feel a bit light in centre mid with Welsh out for the foreseeable future. Might be an opportunity for one of the younger boys like McCarthy to step up and get some minutes.

The games so far this season have been pretty close but you'd imagine Hearts will be flying if they horse Hibs tonight, dethroning them as cup holders in the process.

The 3-4-3 we played in Perth (but with proper wing backs rather than Welsh and Edwards) would allow us to play all 3 of Lawless, Erskine, and Doolan fairly centrally but you'd probably have to have Barton in midfield for that

Cerny

Keown Devine Lindsay

Dumbuya.........................................................Booth

Barton Osman

Erskine ...........................Lawless

Doolan

certainly this season compared to any other previous time under Archie it's been almost impossble to predict who is going to play from week to week and even what formation.

43 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

The 3-4-3 we played in Perth (but with proper wing backs rather than Welsh and Edwards) would allow us to play all 3 of Lawless, Erskine, and Doolan fairly centrally but you'd probably have to have Barton in midfield for that

Cerny

Keown Devine Lindsay

Dumbuya.........................................................Booth

Barton Osman

Erskine ...........................Lawless

Doolan

certainly this season compared to any other previous time under Archie it's been almost impossble to predict who is going to play from week to week and even what formation.

Quite like that formation actually. The only downside is if Doolan gets tired then its one of Azeez/Amoo/Banton to replace him..

Interesting to see how many Hearts fans turn up. I've got a ticket, but the £12.70 for the train feels like it'd be throwing good money after bad tonight. I do like riding on the subway though. Ah, the agony of choice.

5 hours ago, JCR said:

Interesting to see how many Hearts fans turn up. I've got a ticket, but the £12.70 for the train feels like it'd be throwing good money after bad tonight. I do like riding on the subway though. Ah, the agony of choice.

Feel exactly the same.  If it wasn't for the fact my brother stays in Glasgow and I have to take his ticket through I wouldn't bother.  

Archived