Arbroath v Cowden

That was an awful performance from us. Arbroath didnt have to perform to be 4-0 up. Gifted them the goals with shoddy defending.

Basically anything that could have gone wrong went wrong. Buchanan is a waste of a shirt. In all my years supporting Cowden I've never seen such a lightweight midfield.

Renton is badly lacking in confidence. Really needs a goal. Arbroath took their chances while we played like a team whose only tactic was to hump it long which never worked.

Unless something changes we are doomed. Not one of the players deserves any praise from yesterday. Pathetic. Not one player showing any leadership and nobody talking responsibility. Embarrassing.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NotAFan said:

Well, just to clarify, he very much did get a shout from Jamie. Players reaction after og said it all.

Well thanks for that. Arbroath fans that went out the gate with me didn't think so. I couldn't hear anything , I was too far away..

What exactly was the players reaction?

There's a big difference between giving a player a quick shout and talking them through a situation. That should come with experience. To be fair there should be 2 or 3 big voices heard as a unit and all talking Henderson through what to do. 

Communication vital at all times in a game but especially awkward situations like that 1 was.

Completely crazy to judge mccallum on 15 minutes or so. Looked quick and agile and showed some nice touches, completely fluffed a chance but he was maybe a bit too eager to impress. 

With Scott now back to scoring and Stevie D as a cert pick if fit the young lad McCallum will only get a short spell from the bench to show what he can do. When the chance comes he MUST take it and yesterday he didn't imo.

Never had to get out of 2nd gear yesterday and Cowdung are shocking and look doomed.

Jimmy Scott made a big difference as he has a bit of presence and good in the air, Doris was again excellent and McCord was class, the wee trick he done in the 2nd half lifting the ball over their defender was fantastic although he should have squared the ball to Doris rather than shooting, must also say Malin was also good and Sukers crosses were also excellent but still to be convinced by other aspects of his game.

But we must work on our throw-ins and corner kicks we seem clueless at both.

But apart from that well done lads a great 3 points and 4 goals, also must add that must of been Cowdungs worst support at Gayf i counted 2.

9 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Well thanks for that. Arbroath fans that went out the gate with me didn't think so. I couldn't hear anything , I was too far away..

I was behind the goal didn't hear anything from the keeper,the players reaction was just one of a player who seriously fucked up,nice touch from Jimmy Scott who went over to him to give him a heads up.

5 minutes ago, keptie said:

I was behind the goal didn't hear anything from the keeper,the players reaction was just one of a player who seriously fucked up,nice touch from Jimmy Scott who went over to him to give him a heads up.

Scott actually went over to him and said ' well done son Iv got Arbroath -2 on the coupon'

But apart from that well done lads a great 3 points and 4 goals, also must add that must of been Cowdungs worst support at Gayf i counted 2.

Is 2 as high as you can go as there was at least a dozen or so there. Still shite admittedly but totally understandable.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

Is 2 as high as you can go as there was at least a dozen or so there. Still shite admittedly but totally understandable.

There were 6 or 7 of us at the side of the stand, even stood with some Smokie fans the 2nd half who seemed decent guys.

23 minutes ago, keptie said:

That's what I thought happened too. It was a nice touch from the Arbroath player.

Slumped to the ground with head in hands as opposed to gesturing to keeper as if to say 'where was the shout?'

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

There were 6 or 7 of us at the side of the stand, even stood with some Smokie fans the 2nd half who seemed decent guys.

Feeling was mutual - can't help but feel sorry for the Cowden fans who travel week in week out to watch what they've been left with on the park this year.

12 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Feeling was mutual - can't help but feel sorry for the Cowden fans who travel week in week out to watch what they've been left with on the park this year.

I thought you were one of the guys but I wasn't sure.

15 minutes ago, holden mcgroin said:

Time for the wasters taking this club down to leave , get your coat donald 

Problem in that case would be who would take over. Never heard anyone offering to take the club off the current directors hands. We would have been gone in 2010 without them that's for sure and I would hardly call them time wasters.

Archived