East Fife v Brechin City

18 minutes ago, 'Steve said:

Another disappointing result and performance. We are struggling to get back to the standards we set during the first third of the season. I thought that once our key players came back from injury we would have an upturn in results but there's been no marked improvement as yet.

I've been saying for months now that we don't have a plan B. Our success earlier in the season was based on a solid back 5 which is now unfortunately all over the place. As much as I hate to say this but Paul McLean needs dropped - he's usually Mr Consistent for us but he seems to be really struggling at the moment and it was madness for him to take a touch in the box which led to him giving away the penalty. We aren't having a go at teams anymore, yesterday we scored with just about our only real efforts on goal. Every player is far too deep, particularly Watt who nowhere near the stranded Jacko for much of the game. We've had a lot of success with this formation however a lot of teams seem to have us sussed, maybe it time to try something else. We have enough quality going forward that we shouldn't need to set up with 5 at the back, particularly at home.

We did lose our discipline after the 3rd goal and not for the first time this season. This is something that needs addressed as suspensions will start to take their toll. No arguments about Troutens red card, it was reckless and from behind.

Far too sensible a post.  What are you playing at min ? 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dods being delighted to get a 2 2 draw at home to Stenny sums up how far our seasons fallen away .. Are our players fit enough ? Is this why we ve resorted to hammer throwing stuff .. this won't entice punters to come along ... good to see a few younger faces on our bus yesterday gotta keep them interested but the rubbish that's getting served up will soon drive them away

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

I think Dods being delighted to get a 2 2 draw at home to Stenny sums up how far our seasons fallen away .. Are our players fit enough ? Is this why we ve resorted to hammer throwing stuff .. this won't entice punters to come along ... good to see a few younger faces on our bus yesterday gotta keep them interested but the rubbish that's getting served up will soon drive them away

Don't think these pitches are suiting any kind of good football to be honest. Players slipping and sliding all over the place .  ( although it puzzles me why they persist on wearing these poncy multi coloured moulded slippers......get them back to the Puma Kings with long  heal studs all round ! )   Even the likes of Hearts and Celtic are having problems with their pitches. 

15 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

In fairness that's probably the first game in years where our pitch has looked anything other than perfect. Please don't liken ours to Glebe Park, that is most unfair!!

We had this conversation at the game with some of the loudmouths in hospitality.  I will not go into the detail but basically I gave them a wee taster about the anatomy of soils and grasses  and how they react  to heavy rain. All free of charge BTW.   So you are quite correct in not likening the two pitches as they are two completely different soil and grass types. No comparison , no unfairness. 

Saying that, the surface at Bayview was definitely not conducive to attractive football which was the point I was trying to make. Our previous 3 games were similar.....2 at the Glebe and one at Livingston.  

9 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Don't think these pitches are suiting any kind of good football to be honest. Players slipping and sliding all over the place .  ( although it puzzles me why they persist on wearing these poncy multi coloured moulded slippers......get them back to the Puma Kings with long  heal studs all round ! )   Even the likes of Hearts and Celtic are having problems with their pitches. 

Spot on there a lot more injuries we these boots... Can t possibly grip anything ..... 

30 minutes ago, Brucelee1973 said:

What a thread this is..... in short we looked the better side over the piece. Brechin did look good mid/front but you could call a red card from about 15 mins in.

Aye you are probably right about you guys edging it but  we could have nicked a point at the end . Strange how none of the media picked up on the physical side of things though.  Maybe they thought it was just your typical third tier  mid table scrappy encounter , which it was. 

Aye you are probably right about you guys edging it but  we could have nicked a point at the end . Strange how none of the media picked up on the physical side of things though.  Maybe they thought it was just your typical third tier  mid table scrappy encounter , which it was. 

The media? Since when are they interested in anything that doesn't relate to the ugly twins?

Referring to the highlights and just to clarify an earlier post, Not going to argue with red card but Paterson didn't take out his own teammate as well and did you notice the Brechin number 4 when the red card was shown!!!  He miraculously recovered and ran off.

And T zero I am afraid to me both incidents did look every bit as bad on highlights as in real time.

1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

Referring to the highlights and just to clarify an earlier post, Not going to argue with red card but Paterson didn't take out his own teammate as well and did you notice the Brechin number 4 when the red card was shown!!!  He miraculously recovered and ran off.

And T zero I am afraid to me both incidents did look every bit as bad on highlights as in real time.

I stand corrected . Another previous post reckoned that he had been howked into touch by Rodger.  That didn't happen either.  Pity we all didn't have the luxury of replays at the game. 

Another disappointing result and performance. We are struggling to get back to the standards we set during the first third of the season. I thought that once our key players came back from injury we would have an upturn in results but there's been no marked improvement as yet.

I've been saying for months now that we don't have a plan B. Our success earlier in the season was based on a solid back 5 which is now unfortunately all over the place. As much as I hate to say this but Paul McLean needs dropped - he's usually Mr Consistent for us but he seems to be really struggling at the moment and it was madness for him to take a touch in the box which led to him giving away the penalty. We aren't having a go at teams anymore, yesterday we scored with just about our only real efforts on goal. Every player is far too deep, particularly Watt who nowhere near the stranded Jacko for much of the game. We've had a lot of success with this formation however a lot of teams seem to have us sussed, maybe it time to try something else. We have enough quality going forward that we shouldn't need to set up with 5 at the back, particularly at home.

We did lose our discipline after the 3rd goal and not for the first time this season. This is something that needs addressed as suspensions will start to take their toll. No arguments about Troutens red card, it was reckless and from behind.

Totally agree with this said a few times we need to change the formation 5 at the back is just not working anymore we need to put a more attacking player on and take out a defender and go at teams instead of sitting deep. Pabs has just not been the same player this season maybe he's the defender we need to drop as much as I hate to say it

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:

Totally agree with this said a few times we need to change the formation 5 at the back is just not working anymore we need to put a more attacking player on and take out a defender and go at teams instead of sitting deep. Pabs has just not been the same player this season maybe he's the defender we need to drop as much as I hate to say it

We put a so called " attacking player" on for the last 20 mins on Sat . The ball just bypassed him . If anything he made Jacko's life more difficult.  Ally Love will be back this week though. Hopefully that will make a difference . Fusco back as well should help by allowing the full backs more freedom . Aye Pabs dropped and go with a standard back 4 would be an option. It might stop the centre backs getting in each others way. 

Archived