East Fife v Brechin City

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I was not there yesterday but this seems to becoming a regular complaint from opposition fans and given the lack of our own fans disagreeing I have to think we are guilty as charged ( I ignore TOH posts as he never has an objective argument when anyone criticizes anything against Brechin and CDH as he is just a troll who I do not believe is a Brechin fan ) so is there any Brechin fans who were there yesterday that can shed some light from Brechin's point of view ? The foul count at 23 certainly tells a tale I would think. Have to say in all the games I have seen Brechin this year we do compete hard / closing down quickly especially in midfield but would never say we were a dirty side. If we are going down this route the committee need to step in and sort this out now and not let Brechin's good name be dragged thru the mud.

Firstly, sorry but I think you need to learn the meaning of the word objective.  

Secondly, I think the highlighted part sums up the situation at the moment and this was the case up until Trouten's head's gone moment yesterday. It was around then that we lost our shape and discipline as Fife were attacking at will and our defending was desperate .   

Thirdly, I think most folk's recollections of a game centre on the latter part of the second half and this was probably the case yesterday. Up till then we competed and played away fairly well and showed real spirit to come back from two down ( something we struggled with in the middle part of the season) . After the equaliser though, instead of taking the initiative ,  we were a bit of a shambles and as was said the discipline and shape went completely, but in fairness we had the bulk of the play in the last 5 mins and could have snatched a draw. 

I don't know what has happened to our defence though. Maybe losing Euan Smith has been a major factor as he was by far our most consistant performer up until his injury. Pabs has definitely not fully recovered from his injury though. He has been woeful since he returned. The marking at the second and third goals was abysmal , the third especially with Pabs having to try a last ditch tackle in the box .  This is the area of the park which Dods has to work on . The space and time the Fife players were given in the last third of the pitch was unacceptable , especially in that period just after we equalised. If they can get back the consistency they showed at the start of the season then we will safely avoid a relegation battle. 

I had a wee experiment last night to see if the natives could be as easily wound up as they were yesterday. It seems they are.:lol:  It is no surprise though that they jump on some hefty challenges but fail to see their own players misdemeanors.  The  crafty wee shirt pulling and sneaky elbows from their own lot are every way as dirty as a bad tackle and of course a lot easier to hide from the ref . Not taking away from our wee spell of indiscipline of course .   I only hope the drooling goon in the hospitality section managed  to keep his slobber off his mates clothes.:lol: He was quality. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I was not there yesterday but this seems to becoming a regular complaint from opposition fans and given the lack of our own fans disagreeing I have to think we are guilty as charged ( I ignore TOH posts as he never has an objective argument when anyone criticizes anything against Brechin and CDH as he is just a troll who I do not believe is a Brechin fan ) so is there any Brechin fans who were there yesterday that can shed some light from Brechin's point of view ? The foul count at 23 certainly tells a tale I would think. Have to say in all the games I have seen Brechin this year we do compete hard / closing down quickly especially in midfield but would never say we were a dirty side. If we are going down this route the committee need to step in and sort this out now and not let Brechin's good name be dragged thru the mud.

Spot on.

25 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I had a wee experiment last night to see if the natives could be as easily wound up as they were yesterday. It seems they are.:lol:  

When times are tough, you take wins where you find them I suppose.

2 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

In reply to an earlier post, I too saw Graham spit several times towards the East Fife support as he trooped off at the end. It was probably a frustrating day for him as he can play a bit football and he has not got the build to join in with the Hammerthrowers which Brechin have.

Brechin used to be a difficult team to play against but they have plunged the depths of fair play and I hope for football's sake they do not gain anything from playing this way.

I didn't see the penalty claim near the end but did they deserve to take anything from the game. An emphatic no.

Why are we not surprised ? 

I didn't see one incident at the opposite end to where I was sitting. You on the other hand have conveniently not seen any thuggery and wild tackling before the sending off. Very convenient but not very surprising. The foul count doesn't even come close to telling the whole story as the referee was exceptionally week in ignoring a lot of what went on.

So glad you got from the game exactly what you deserved. F--- all.

As for diving, I'm pretty sure I've seen cards dished out this season for the 2 instances in the first half when Brechin players went flying to the ground in the box, but ref gives free kick to us. And "talks " to said Brechin players.

So Brechin players take dives and fifers get hacked. Nice one[emoji23]

I don't think there was one Brechin fan there that didn't claim for the penalty near the end. More of a stone waller than the ef effort. Ref was a total shambles. Gave ef free kicks yet their players were no different but we got hee haw. Add on what ef got away with and the foul count would have been similar.

Just now, Best Team in Angus said:

So TCMT I am assuming you were there yesterday, what are your thoughts overall about Brechin's discipline are the comments by East Fife  fans over the top. I still see no posts that lead me to doubt what the East Fife fans are saying which kind of saddens me. When are the highlights available ?

1 minute ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Looks like you are looking for excuses to find fault rather than the positives.   

Yes we had a mad , indisciplined spell midway through the second half , no getting away from that but to say our game revolves around thuggery is ludicrous. 

50 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I didn't see one incident at the opposite end to where I was sitting. You on the other hand have conveniently not seen any thuggery and wild tackling before the sending off. Very convenient but not very surprising. The foul count doesn't even come close to telling the whole story as the referee was exceptionally week in ignoring a lot of what went on.

So glad you got from the game exactly what you deserved. F--- all.

Wow !  :unsure2:

The ef sending off was that bad the player not only took the Brechin player out but his own player as well.
Maybe the state of the pitch didn't help either. Players having to change boots during the game as they were slipping about all over the place. Ef fans went on about the state of the Glebe the last time they were at Brechin but after yesterday I would say theirs is every bit as bad. Missed timed tackles on an awful pitch may have been a contribution to the all out Brechin thuggery.

I was disappointed with our collapse after the EF penalty and with the abysmal substitution of one of our best players with our worst but all this talk about our diving ignores completely the constant jumping into our defenders by the EF forwards. Every high ball into our box meant our defenders were barged off the ball. Not sour grapes because we probably deserved to lose but this barging went unpunished all game.

The ef sending off was that bad the player not only took the Brechin player out but his own player as well.
Maybe the state of the pitch didn't help either. Players having to change boots during the game as they were slipping about all over the place. Ef fans went on about the state of the Glebe the last time they were at Brechin but after yesterday I would say theirs is every bit as bad. Missed timed tackles on an awful pitch may have been a contribution to the all out Brechin thuggery.

"The EF sending off". You failed to mention that Nicki Paterson reacted to assault that had just happened to his teammate, he'd obviously just taken enough. He was rightly sent off ,no argument from us on that point.

1 hour ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Not much mention of the tackle immediately before Paterson's sending off. Didn't have the best view but it looked like Duggan ? was lumped into touch with no action taken.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

"The EF sending off". You failed to mention that Nicki Paterson reacted to assault that had just happened to his teammate, he'd obviously just taken enough. He was rightly sent off ,no argument from us on that point.

Would that have been the challenge from Paterson which took out both players from each team ?  I think this was mentioned before as the reason Duggan was lumped into touch. 

2 hours ago, OldRed said:

I was disappointed with our collapse after the EF penalty and with the abysmal substitution of one of our best players with our worst but all this talk about our diving ignores completely the constant jumping into our defenders by the EF forwards. Every high ball into our box meant our defenders were barged off the ball. Not sour grapes because we probably deserved to lose but this barging went unpunished all game.

But that isn't fouling  because ..........well just because !  

Archived