East Fife v Brechin City

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I have never seen a player taking as many dives as Duggan  and the number 8 .  

Also pony tails have no place in Scottish football. 

As for that troll you replied to , he is from Alloa and as you will notice only posts after twats from the opposition have their say. 

And I thought the mafia new everything that goes on at Brechin,obviously not when he keeps referring me as an Alloa fan.Been supporting Brechin for years and this is the worst team and manager we,ve had.As for posting after twats from the opposition have their say is laughable,so i cant post at a time when i want well the mafia wont beat me so i will post at any time.

Another fantastic result for us and I will retract my 'Smith out' comment after the St Mirren loss last week...

Too bad I'm on the other side of the world I would have loved to come back in May to watch us win the league.

Seriously though we have a great chance of making the play-offs on current form as Airdrie seem to have imploded a little. Another few wins should be enough to secure our safety though.

Fucksake!!!

I bet you were the clown that ran from his seat in the away end to shout at Paterson after he was sent off as well!!!

Agree the ref was far too lenient early on ,Brechin number 6 oneil I think made some terrible tackles early on and should have been booked.Our first 2 goals came from bad tackles that resulted in free kicks. Duggan seemed to be pin pointed as the danger man and took some brutal treatment.I have to say I always associated Brechin with trying to play the game in the proper manner but can only assume these tactics come from the current management team. We were well worth our victory after we stood on the gas after Brechin equalised.The ref must have a look at his performance as he should have shown his authority early to protect the East Fife players from some terrible tackles. Brechin tried their best to make the game a physical battle but football won in the end.Special mention to sir Kevin Smith for a brilliant free kick. Only negative was another 2 soft goals conceded,they were both easily avoidable. Really enjoying watching East Fife just now I hope Robinson is fit for next week as we missed his link up play a bit today. Paterson had his best game in an East Fife strip but will now be suspended for next week.On aside note at his red card the ball was already out the park and should have been a throw in before he saw red mist. Down to the bare bones with 3 games scheduled in the next fortnight.

18 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I honestly didn't think it would be that easy !  :lol:

The seethe on here is fantastic.   Thanks . :thumsup2

I thought seething would be more suited to someone whose team was in free fall down the league. I hope the highlights show Finn Graham spitting several times as he headed towards the tunnel at the end. That was seethe.

I was not there yesterday but this seems to becoming a regular complaint from opposition fans and given the lack of our own fans disagreeing I have to think we are guilty as charged ( I ignore TOH posts as he never has an objective argument when anyone criticizes anything against Brechin and CDH as he is just a troll who I do not believe is a Brechin fan ) so is there any Brechin fans who were there yesterday that can shed some light from Brechin's point of view ? The foul count at 23 certainly tells a tale I would think. Have to say in all the games I have seen Brechin this year we do compete hard / closing down quickly especially in midfield but would never say we were a dirty side. If we are going down this route the committee need to step in and sort this out now and not let Brechin's good name be dragged thru the mud.

Agree totally with above post ..As with Livvy game before we just kicked anything ... We shoulda had a last min penalty tho ... Starting to get a tad frustrated with our tatics .Im not a bad loser by any means and we are where we are .. We are in free fall and will continue to do so on n off the field for forseeable future :(

I honestly didn't think it would be that easy !  :lol:
The seethe on here is fantastic.   Thanks . :thumsup2

I honestly didn't think the 3 points would be so easy but Brechin are absolute garbage and they know it, hence the reason they tried to kick us off the park. Pleasing! Enjoy the relegation battle

To say that Brechin weren't dirty would be a lie. I could sit and tell you each time the studs were up, the tackles flew in cause I have never seen anything like that in my life. Quite possibly the dirtiest performance I've ever seen. The only reason I think Paterson got sent off for us was he had had enough. Duggan had just been launched into the gravel and boards and he saw red in both ways. Was more a I'm sick of this here is some back.

In reply to an earlier post, I too saw Graham spit several times towards the East Fife support as he trooped off at the end. It was probably a frustrating day for him as he can play a bit football and he has not got the build to join in with the Hammerthrowers which Brechin have.

Brechin used to be a difficult team to play against but they have plunged the depths of fair play and I hope for football's sake they do not gain anything from playing this way.

I didn't see the penalty claim near the end but did they deserve to take anything from the game. An emphatic no.

East Fife had a shout for a penalty in the second half when a Brechin player handled in the box,some you get some you don't .To say the ref and his assistants were out their depth was an understatement.Brechin actually started the game on the front foot and had the better of the opening exchanges.There were a few bookable offences in this time especially the number 6 who probably couldn't believe himself he hadn't got booked.This poor officiating allowed the Brechin players to carry on hitting hard knowing they were getting away with it.Once we took a 2 goal lead their discipline got even worse.Now I'm all for your team showing guts and determination but some of those tackles were intend on hurting players.As I said I have always down the years associated Brechin with playing a good style of football. If I was on the Brechin board I'd be asking the management team what their footballing philosophy was and if it is what I saw yesterday then I would let Mr Dodds know where the door was.

Archived