East Fife v Brechin City

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly the worst display of thuggery this season. Brechin kicked every East Fife player in sight and the ref and nearside lino ignored their responsibility to protect the players.
East Fife played well and were undoubtedly the better team but the Brechin manager needs to have his players kicking the ball rather than the opposition.

Dear Mr Darren Dodds, I have an idea to maybe help your management of your team. It's a bit off the wall, out the box but try playing football!!!!!!!!!  Kicking opponents off the park might get you points now and again but if you get a decent referee, you won't get away with it. However your players are like little lambs some of the time, when they get tackled and roll over, Jackson springs to mind. Teams like Brechin, on their performance today, are destroying football.

Dear Mr Referee, I thought I had seen the worst of referees last season in the 2nd division and this year in the first but today plunged new depths. Never have I seen such a inept, out of your depth, outrageously bad and incompetent performance as todays. The stand side assistant was equally as inept. As a former referee, I have defended some decisions on a regular basis but I can't today. I only hope that there was a supervisor at the game.

Dear East Fife players and staff, well done getting 3 points in he face of such adversity. I have no doubt that there will be a few bruises to be attended to but well done again.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

Message to Darren Dods. If that's your management style and tactics, please get out of football now ,before one of your thugs seriously hurts a football player. End of message.

The way Brechin are plummeting, I doubt he'll be given a choice before much longer.

Well we won but that was a victory not just for East Fife today but also for football, it's been my misfortune to witness some outstanding examples of hammer throwing at Bayview in my time (Clyde, Peterhead and Ayr I'm looking at you!!!) but that display today from Brechin City was probably the most complete performance of thuggery, dirty- b*****dness and general shitehawkery that has ever been seen at the Nou Bayview, I'm so glad those fuckers got beat!!!

The situation wasn't helped by probably one of the worst displays of officialdom I've ever seen, a referee scared to make decisions probably because he knew if he was forced to make them they would invariably be wrong, a standside linesman who apparently doesn't know what the offside rule is and a farside linesman who was content to make it up as he went along, every week I think the officials can't be any worse than the ones we had the previous week and every week that concept is blown out of the water, is there a sliding scale of referees? Do you start with the good/semi decent ones and then you gradually get the worse ones as the season progresses because if it is, our final game of the season will be refereed by a bucket of shite with a whistle stuck in it!!!

I've said all along Dodds is a useless twat yet my fellow city fans ridiculed me but now we are seeing the true management style of Mr Dodds which is shocking.I'm embarrassed to support the City at the moment with the way he has us playing.Must be relegation favourites just now.Hopefully the board will see sense and get rid of him before its too late.

It's difficult to analyse that game today. I felt the referee should have shown a couple of yellow cards in the first half when things began to get physical. After the break he appeared to lose his way, letting some challenges go and then showing a straight red for what looked like a slightly petulant foul which was never reckless or dangerous.

The Paterson sending off I'll need to see again. It looked like Chris Duggan rode a late challenge with the ball going out of play. Paterson obviously also came in with a challenge, which I missed.

Anyway, a great three points to keep our unbeaten run going. I thought Nicki Paterson ran the show for us, with good performances all over the park. Although it turned into more of a physical battle than anything else, we dealt with the threat of Andy Jackson reasonably well. Finn Graham and Alan Trouten are both clever players who would surely benefit from a less agricultural approach to the beautiful game...

I've said all along Dodds is a useless twat yet my fellow city fans ridiculed me but now we are seeing the true management style of Mr Dodds which is shocking.I'm embarrassed to support the City at the moment with the way he has us playing.Must be relegation favourites just now.Hopefully the board will see sense and get rid of him before its too late.to

You have our sympathy. Football is a contact sport, and if challenges are firm but fair, I've no objection. However Dods clearly instructed the players to deal with Duggan, ( who must be applauded for not lashing out ) Think Nicki Paterson had just said enough is enough. Straight red ,no argument. AndyJackson seemed to be the only player trying to play football, and Graeme Smith had a few brilliant saves. Liam Watt played well up to being subbed, but after that, I'm afraid the hammer throwers take control

Its hard too watch from a City point of view ...I like seeing teams work hard n battle but i agree we re a team o thugs ... We have good talented skilfull players at this lvl but we re just a kick n hoof now ... Dods is trying hid best but no plan B ... Hes not any better than Jim Weir... Give me O Neil or Mackinnon ... Another hard game nxt week ... And before Hedgie starts im entitled to my opinion 

58 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

You have our sympathy. Football is a contact sport, and if challenges are firm but fair, I've no objection. However Dods clearly instructed the players to deal with Duggan, ( who must be applauded for not lashing out ) Think Nicki Paterson had just said enough is enough. Straight red ,no argument. AndyJackson seemed to be the only player trying to play football, and Graeme Smith had a few brilliant saves. Liam Watt played well up to being subbed, but after that, I'm afraid the hammer throwers take control

I have never seen a player taking as many dives as Duggan  and the number 8 .  

Also pony tails have no place in Scottish football. 

As for that troll you replied to , he is from Alloa and as you will notice only posts after twats from the opposition have their say. 

Em , if you're referring to Ross Brown, he is one of the most honest players in football. OK , didn't realise he was a troll. As for Duggan diving?? Brechin have always been a hard but fair team, nothing wrong with that,but today's thuggery was all that is bad in Scottish football. If the ref had taken precautionary action early on , it may have been more about the football today. Made it an exciting game all the same.

I have never seen a player taking as many dives as Duggan  and the number 8 .  
Also pony tails have no place in Scottish football. 
As for that troll you replied to , he is from Alloa and as you will notice only posts after twats from the opposition have their say. 

Don't think their was much need to dive today!

Archived