Maryhill Fc v Linlithgow Rose in the cup

mrcat1990

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the beginning of the week you were looking at contingency plans to have the game switched if the weather was not looking good.

Now you say that won't happen if the games is rained off again on Saturday which frankly given the record of your pitch is almost certain given the forecast for tomorrow and Saturday.

Hopefully the SJFA will step in and put an end to this farce.

We are doing everything we can to get the game on at lochburn this weekend. Like I said on the other thread I will be more than happy to talk with you when the game takes place. Hopefully we'll see you and the rest of the rose support at lochburn on Saturday 

Weather forecast was favourable earlier in the week hence no need to look at alternative, people have been working on the park all day yesterday, today and will be again working on it tomorrow to hopefully get it played this Saturday.

Weather forecast has changed for tomorrow into Saturday with rain predicted.

Most games were off in West region last week and not just Maryhill so I guess you can't accuse us of cheating this week.

5 minutes ago, Budandavodka said:

Weather forecast was favourable earlier in the week hence no need to look at alternative, people have been working on the park all day yesterday, today and will be again working on it tomorrow to hopefully get it played this Saturday.

Weather forecast has changed for tomorrow into Saturday with rain predicted.

Most games were off in West region last week and not just Maryhill so I guess you can't accuse us of cheating this week.

I really hope this game's on on Saturday for two reasons; firstly so we finally welcome 99.9% of Rose fans to Lochburn, who have been great over the last couple of weeks, and secondly so we can finally hear the last of Dreghorn's mewling pish.

I notice nearly two weeks on, he's still not retracted the accusations of cheating...I feel sorry for the rest of the Rose support who must have to deal with him on a weekly basis. There's one in every support I guess.

from a rose committee man last saturday.maryhill were going to switch to benburb if weather wasn't favourable during the week.so was he just making that up.

Yes, Benburb wasn't considered an alternative venue due to original weather forecast up until Tuesday evening this week.

Another ground may have....let's see what Saturday brings...hopefully it's on for everyone's sake....

The Maryhill story changes every half hour.

The game should have gone ahead on 11 Feb.  The pitch was unplayable on 18 Feb.

Surely with the work you have put into the pitch this week the game can go on?

If not do you not agree it should be switched to an all weather pitch?

Dreghorn why are you still going on about this been a farce get the Sjfa to take action, Are we not entitled to give this game home advantage, the games been called off twice big deal ! ! and the Park was playable at 17.30 tonight after speaking with wee Davy our groundsman who has been working on the ground every day this week.But unfortunately he cannot control that stuff that comes out the sky called Rain. Just wait till Sat till the pitch inspection and take it from there and fingers crossed as everyone else wants this game to go ahead this weekend. And I believe there are alternative arrangements for the following week which will be disclosed only if this game is called off and not before then. Remember you did quote us as been Cheats which has not gone down well in Maryhill when the first game got cancelled "Man up" and give us a break.

6 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

The Maryhill story changes every half hour.

The game should have gone ahead on 11 Feb.  The pitch was unplayable on 18 Feb.

Surely with the work you have put into the pitch this week the game can go on?

If not do you not agree it should be switched to an all weather pitch?

Considering the game wasn't originally scheduled to take place until the 18th Feb, it may have posed us some difficulty to get it played ion the 11th given Linlithgow were playing Carnoustie that day....

6 minutes ago, #BBB said:

has it been raining in Maryhill at all this week.ive been in ruchazie and its been like summer after the frost disappeared.hope there isn't a deluge tomorrow.

It's been fine most of the week - it originally was forecast to be dry till Sunday (hence no Plan B coming into effect), then the forecast was amended to heavy rain through Friday night/Saturday morning. That appears to been amended once again to dry all day tomorrow with a bit of light rain on Saturday morning, which should suggest we'll have a game on our hands, providing it doesn't change again to a plague of locusts or something...

It never rained in Maryhill Tuesday or Wednesday and only started today about 2.30and likewise 2 frosty mornings and sun came out and thawed everything out by lunchtime everything was looking great but the rain has not stopped all night.Hope this answer your question no doubt someone else will have something to say as long as is not Dreghorn the wind up merchant.

1 minute ago, Maryhill Bhoy said:

It never rained in Maryhill Tuesday or Wednesday and only started today about 2.30and likewise 2 frosty mornings and sun came out and thawed everything out by lunchtime everything was looking great but the rain has not stopped all night.Hope this answer your question no doubt someone else will have something to say as long as is not Dreghorn the wind up merchant.

It's easy to be a groundsman on the internet :(

Do what the Rose have done in the past.
Get a team of helpers on the pitch first thing on Saturday morning and get the game played.

No shit sherlock, I wish we'd have thought of that this week in the event anything needs done on Saturday morning......[emoji19][emoji122][emoji122]

Brain of Britain sorry Dreghorn you are.....

8 hours ago, Dreghorn said:

Do what the Rose have done in the past.

Get a team of helpers on the pitch first thing on Saturday morning and get the game played.

Did they all stand with umbrellas so that no rain fell on the park???

You need to get real with the weather in Scotland at this time of year. If Maryhill have done all they can through the week to get the game on and it pisses down overnight and tomorrow morning until kick off what do you expect them to do? 

Archived