Maryhill Fc v Linlithgow Rose in the cup

mrcat1990

Hello junior fans. Rarely venture this way but I'm heading to this game to cheer on Maryhill's other team. Understand Rose are the obvious favourites, but it's the cup so who knows!?

I literally know nothing about either team so I'm trying my best here. Help me out guys.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rose obviously start heavy favourites, but after a terrible start to the season  - promoted last year, we initially found the step up hard going - we've hopefully become more difficult to beat.

Hope you enjoy the change of pace - if you've not been to a Junior game before, a 200mph blood and snotters cup tie is a good place to start - you'll either hate it or be back for more...:)

It's meant to rain for a few hours tomorrow morning, but the park's looking in decent shape...unlikely to put the game in any sort of jeopardy.

C43fRMJWYAA43ZX.jpg large.jpg

C43ecgFXUAA5ED0.jpg large.jpg

Rose obviously start heavy favourites, but after a terrible start to the season  - promoted last year, we initially found the step up hard going - we've hopefully become more difficult to beat.
Hope you enjoy the change of pace - if you've not been to a Junior game before, a 200mph blood and snotters cup tie is a good place to start - you'll either hate it or be back for more...[emoji4]

Been to a few Junior games but never one in the cup. Also first visit to Maryhill despite only being a 30 minute walk from my gaff so good to check out the neighbours.

36 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Hope you enjoy the change of pace - if you've not been to a Junior game before, a 200mph blood and snotters cup tie is a good place to start - you'll either hate it or be back for more...:)

It's meant to rain for a few hours tomorrow morning, but the park's looking in decent shape...unlikely to put the game in any sort of jeopardy.

C43fRMJWYAA43ZX.jpg large.jpg

Looks a great set up.

Hope you enjoy the change of pace - if you've not been to a Junior game before, a 200mph blood and snotters cup tie is a good place to start - you'll either hate it or be back for more...[emoji4]
58a754585aabb_C43fRMJWYAA43ZX.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.a1fead0d0613e443b61cec9c61ebcec2.jpg
58a75df431602_C43ecgFXUAA5ED0.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.458f687cad9c8e0d63a78535470f4814.jpg

Unbelievable work by the groundsman to get the park like that after the last round all the best lads

Park looked fine yesterday - see above photos taken by the groundsman yesterday afternoon - I don't live near Maryhill, so can only assume there was some truly mental rain there overnight to put it off, because it never seemed to be in any sort of danger.

Got a message from the chairman just there and thought he was at the windup...

Archived