Best Festival You've Been To

Ira Gaines

Primavera Sound 05 was the best as a punter. A venue made for it, right on the mediterranean but close enough to base in Barcelona. Outrageous lineup from Sonic Youth to New Order to Vitalic to Tortoise.
Played at Melt Festival in Germany in about 2009, another decent lineup but better was the venue, a coverted colliery or something with loads of machinery still there and lit up cool af.
Champagne up a crane and near enough to the Bauhaus to go for a look.

Glastonbury 03 was absolute carnage. I am sure thats the one I stumbled across the Chemos playing an unanounced set, Radiohead killed it on the Pyramid and it was as hot as fxck.

Glade 06 I met some of my best mates.

The early Boomtowns were hard core as well.

Glastonbury 03 was absolute carnage. I am sure thats the one I stumbled across the Chemos playing an unanounced set, Radiohead killed it on the Pyramid and it was as hot as fxck.

Glastonbury 03 was tremendous. Radiohead as you say killed it and R.E.M. were great on the Friday night too.

However Glastonbury 09 just beats it for me. Another one with mostly decent weather, was with a brilliant group, met plenty of brilliant people, the surrealness of the Thursday night when the news spread that Michael Jackson had died and Blur on the Sunday night putting on what was my favourite ever festival set.

Probably Leeds 2002. Such a good line up and had an amazing weekend with a good group of mates.
2002_0.jpg
Second best was probably my first Glastonbury in 2010.

I was also at this. The last year at that site and the last year they had minor scuffles/riots at the camp site.

I remember thinking the Axl Rose wouldn't be turning up as The Prodigy set went longer than expected. I'm sure GnR ended up running long also.
The line up from that year was ridiculous.

Just now, Northsea80 said:

I was also at this. The last year at that site and the last year they had minor scuffles/riots at the camp site.

I remember thinking the Axl Rose wouldn't be turning up as The Prodigy set went longer than expected. I'm sure GnR ended up running long also.
The line up from that year was ridiculous.

Pretty sure GnR were about an hour late and played till about 1am. The Reading and Leeds line ups back then were something else when you look back at the line up posters.

Archived