Gartcairn v Carluke Rovers Scottish last 16

Gartcairn Army

Tomorrow will see a battle between 2 lower league clubs with only 1 winner advancing to the last 8 of the Scottish Junior Cup.

huge day for both teams and hoping for a decent we crowd to come along and watch what should be a high scoring game.

Cairn won 4 v 3 and 6 v 1 this season but lost 3 v 2 a couple of weeks back and Carluke are no doubt the form team.

very excited to be involved in this game and hope everyone enjoys the occasion.

dare I ask for predictions lads????

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And they are being allowed to play this game on this sports centre pitch. No shelter for spectators, limited space for supporters at one side of the park. Just as well they aren't playing Auchinleck or Bonnyrigg.

13 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Yep we are gorg both sides of the pitch can be in use and supporters will enjoy the game. Been to plenty parks with no shelter  for suppprters. Newmains, Hermes, Benburb or Bellshill to name a few but we will get there

The SJFA didn't allow Whitburn to play their Scottish Cup tie against St. Rochs at the local school pitch where the circumstances were the same. We had to play that match at Stoneyburn. 

Hope all goes well today and you get a good crowd and result.

Great game today with a good crowd and we have to do it all again. We went 1 up before Chucky equalised and then we went down to 10 men after 35 minutes. Carluke took the lead with a wonder strike early in the 2nd half before we scored a pen. Carluke were reduced to 10 men with 5 to go but neither team found a winner.

from our point just happy we are still in it. Before the sending off we in my opinion were the better team and could have been 2 or 3 up but Carluke looked as if they had it won when 2 1 up and us down to 10. We really do like a fight as we have proved in our last 5 games and delighted we kept ourself in the tie

7 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Great game today with a good crowd and we have to do it all again. We went 1 up before Chucky equalised and then we went down to 10 men after 35 minutes. Carluke took the lead with a wonder strike early in the 2nd half before we scored a pen. Carluke were reduced to 10 men with 5 to go but neither team found a winner.

from our point just happy we are still in it. Before the sending off we in my opinion were the better team and could have been 2 or 3 up but Carluke looked as if they had it won when 2 1 up and us down to 10. We really do like a fight as we have proved in our last 5 games and delighted we kept ourself in the tie

When you say use could of been 2 or 3 up think your forgetting the 2 1 on 1 chances chucky had 1st half, 1 when your keeper had a good save the other chucky dragged wide. Then when carluke were 2.1 up your keeper again had 3 or 4 decent stops. 

Dont think carluke played aswell as they can today so hopefully next week they turn up and do the job.

Yep fair points but I was meaning in the first 20 minutes I thought we could have been 2 or 3 up with Jordon Love should have scored from 8 yards and a kev Ross header which he normally puts away. 

Draw is probably a fair result and looking forward to next week already.

crowd was around 300

Archived