Edinburgh City v Montrose

Anyone got any thoughts?

I have obtained a pass so will be there. Will no doubt be a tight game. Even though City are on a bad run just now, they don't lose by much. Admittedly they don't score much either, so the first goal here will be especially crucial. Montrose to win 1-0.

Will be heading along to this one. Looking forward to seeing Josh Walker play again. Thought he would go on to great things after his loan spell with Dons. Think City need to score first if they are to get something from the game.

Josh played really well in his first game for City up at Elgin. Great ball passing skills. In his second game against Clyde he went off the boil a little and wasn't so hot with a few balls going astray. In his third game down at Annan, he paired up with Marc Laird in the centre of the park for the first time. He came into his own and fired plenty of balls into the box - from corners and during normal play. I'll be counting how many times his passes go astray against Montrose tomorrow and how often he loses the ball as well as looking at the positives. I wouldn't say I'm optimistic but I'm hoping he does well tomorrow.

58a78a34d5fcc_montrosecover.jpg.36b5727e84a85c8351e34dba93f99c9c.jpg

I predict, as pictured above, Mr Blobby to unveil his true colours, go radge and make off with a visiting Mo fan, the little naughty inflatable...

I hope our players Jump on it and earn their Paper Money. They should Open Fire on goal as the Mo defence is quite Mean...

I notice Mo have a player called Dylan Thomas. Come on City, do not go gently into that good night (the Lowland League) but rage rage against the dying of the light (a crap home defeat)

You do realise you weren't actually that good in the first 45 last week?

If you'd seen our previous two first half showings against Berwick and then Stirling you wouldn't be saying that.

A pal of mine has told me there is a Comic Convention on at Meadowbank today. So just to be clear and to avoid confusion, if you see a lot of pasty faced inadaquates who resemble child molesters and live in a fantasy world well.. they'll be heading for the football.... 

Which leads to the question, if City were a superhero who would they be?

Rorschach is black and white and greatly feared so he'd be a good role model. On the other hand he's unpredictable, psychopathic and violent so perhaps he's more suited to the Juniors.

rorscach.jpg.d306a6a6b2efef4cc6c3a5c6c63c7b36.jpg

That week's Chairman's message in the programme was controversial... 

The Punisher perhaps? Black and white and watching City is sometimes punishment! 

punisher.jpg.17bfdca8c550606e3d645464e8a31add.jpg

so that the Mo don't feel left out I've found a suitable hero for them in appropriate colours

58a8453c99a80_eddietheeagle.jpg.7de79d12b8c58537ba1a19bc20b25dd4.jpg

but wait! it turns out that these comic fans actually dress up as their favourite characters... hmm..... in that case- BUGGER THE FOOTBALL I'll be the one in the Spidey costume..

cosplay1.thumb.jpg.950d5bbb31276ce2c626db0161a5f182.jpg

Very disjointed performance that. Far far too many passengers today. No idea how Callaghan and Smith stayed on for the full match: both looked absolutely lost. And someone needs to teach Masson how to take a corner. Thought we were extremely fortunate to get the point, but I'll take it.

Draw was probably the right result in the end. City were better team in the first half with Montrose the better in the second. Josh Walker played well and deserved his man of the match award. City really do not look like scoring though. 

I don't understand why Petrie insists on playing 1 up front in the first half of away matches. We offered nothing going forward in the first half, similar to the Stirling game. We played so much better in the second half when we had 2 up front. Agree with the above, in that Callaghan and Smith offered nothing, but then again I'm fairly sure Smith is a striker and not a right midfielder. Ferguson made a huge difference, giving us width on the left. Felt he and Gibson should have started on the flanks to try and get behind the 9 man City rearguard.

City had the better of the first half, primarily because we let them. In fairness, their finish was a cracker, but he had so much space. Other than one other shot on target City offered nothing, absolutely nothing, going forward. The time wasting for most of the second half was ludicrous. The poor ball boys did their best but at least double that number is needed to get the ball back quicker and get some continuity into the game.

A poor performance for the first hour of the game from us, but we can't be allowing teams to get on top of us in the first half of games, such as we have been recently. We played better towards the end of the game and deserved at least a draw.  

Surprised to see Edinburgh City in an all white kit today. Ditching the black shorts and harking back to the olden days as the lily-whites made a nice contrast with the Mo in all red but of course 'shorts don't matter - it's what's inside 'em that counts'. A ripping yarn at Meadowbank with a great first goal for Josh Walker but City seemed to lack the desire to go for that second goal. 

Guthrie and Laird at Meadowbank (2).JPG

Archived