Gate/ticket prices

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

And adult and 3 under 12s would get into Cappielow for £18. Should there be that much of a difference? The league should have standard pricing IMO.

Or certainly a standard charge for away fans. Home fans at least get the benefits of discounted prices via the season ticket whilst away fans have to pay the full bung plus travel and other expenses.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adults : £17
Concessions : £11
Under 12: £5

Although we do offer those under 12 a free season ticket. Likewise you can also get a "family ticket" (only available in the Norrie McCathie Stand): Adult + U12 £20, Adult + 2 U12s £22

Happy enough with our pricing.

5 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

Depends on the standard of football and facilities I suppose, I have no problem in paying the prices at ER.

There's really no difference for a Morton fan at Stark's Park, compared to Easter Road though. In a big stand behind the goal, decent view of the park. Nicer surroundings at ER, sure, but that makes no difference to the away fan.

Why should one be £15, and the other £22?

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Having u12s get in for free has had a brilliant effect on our crowds. Loads of kids at our games, both in the family section and down the front of the South Stand. Plenty of 13-16 year olds now come along and are paying that I'm sure wouldn't have been brought along every week unless they were free.

Since it was introduced, our home gates have increased from the low 3,000s after we were relegated, up to maybe 3,300, then around 3,600 and I don't think we've been under 4,000 once so far this season.

We've generally had the same 1000 or so walk-up punters each year so these increases have been mainly season tickets.

You could argue the 2015 Scottish Cup Final and strong league performance last season helped to increase crowds but I think it runs deeper than that

Unbelievable more clubs in the league don't have a similar pricing structure to ourselves.

And that policy is sponsored, so you get some/all of the U12 money back (or the money they WOULD have paid) too, do you not?

Just now, Paco said:

There's really no difference for a Morton fan at Stark's Park, compared to Easter Road though. In a big stand behind the goal, decent view of the park. Nicer surroundings at ER, sure, but that makes no difference to the away fan.

If Hibs charged those prices they would have had to have slashed season ticket prices or are you saying away fans should get in cheaper?

1 minute ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

If Hibs charged those prices they would have had to have slashed season ticket prices or are you saying away fans should get in cheaper?

Maybe you's are paying too much for your season ticket? 

I hate the fact Saints charge £20 at this level, the old board didn't raise prices in the top league for a good 4/5 years though so that was the reasoning but away fans visiting don't give a fck about that.

Still hoping it won't come to it but I do fear what we will charge in League One.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Maybe you's are paying too much for your season ticket? 

I hate the fact Saints charge £20 at this level, the old board didn't raise prices in the top league for a good 4/5 years though so that was the reasoning but away fans visiting don't give a fck about that.

Still hoping it won't come to it but I do fear what we will charge in League One.

Hibs have frozen their prices the last 2 seasons from when we were relegated, if we want to continue to build we can't do anymore. I also pay £50 a month to HSL which goes directly into the managers budget for new players ( keep that a secret from the Hibs clique on here ) they think I'm a jambo or a bear.

I don't really see anything wrong with away fans getting in cheaper to be honest. They have to pay for transport and other expenses before they get their so why not try to encourage a few more away fans these days. It makes for a far better atmosphere at games when theirs a decent away support. If we did something like the English Premier and set a price across the board then I don't see a problem.

I have sympathy for fans of Championship clubs not used to paying Premiership prices at grounds like Easter Road and Tannadice, but at the same time it's worth remembering quite a few clubs in this division raise their admissions when we visit. It costs £2 less for an adult ticket at Dumbarton than it does at Easter Road, compare the two stadiums and you'll agree that it a shambles

Credit to Falkirk and Queen of the South, they've always been very fair when it comes to gate prices for away fans

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

I would actually go as far as to say u-12s should be free across the SPFL. Football is dear enough as it is, ease the burden on parents and encourage dads to actually bring them along to the games. I doubt it would cost the clubs that much and it might help some weans realise there's football in their own towns and not just on the TV said dads are probably paying out the ear for.

Dead clichéd but probably the reality now.

It should be an SPFL rule. After that leave clubs to set their own prices, with perhaps an upper limit for different categories.

Personally, and I know this is unworkable (at least in the short to mid term), I'd like to see;

Under 12, free. Kids aged 12-16 should get in for £5. 16-18, students, OAPs and those on Jobseeker's should get in for £10. Adults £12.

But that's dreaming. Due to the model up here, clubs rely so much on the income generated by ticket sales. This model however is at least a stable one, as the Setanta collapse showed, and as the eventual collapse in the English Premier League will show.

Personally never understand the obsession with making things so cheap for Under 12s etc. Yes, they are the future, but if the adult prices were made significantly cheaper in the first place, then you'd have more parents contemplating taking their kid along. If adult tickets are £25 and kids go free, it's still £25 being forked out. You should instead look at making it £18 and £4, for example.

Also far more has to be done about prices for 16-25 year olds, as they realistically are the future, as there will always be young kids at football games taken along by their parents but for people 16-25, no one is forcing them to go to football, it's up to clubs to tempt them with cheaper pricing

At Falkirk I can get in with my two kids for only £18 for the 3 of us. That's great value. It's cheaper than the cinema which is one of the things the football is competing with. Home games are also competing with away games and I'd go to more away games if they applied the same pricing but if I get get all 3 of us to two home games for the price of just one away game then it's a no brainer. It's definitely one of the reasons our attendances are holding up after so many years in the championship

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

First things first I don't think we should be comparing prices with England, it's a different world down there. Fair enough if Arsenal charge £10 for this game or that game but they'll still have 50,000 attending the game and still make £50,000,000 a year profit or whatever.

I would have said £15 max for an adult is a fair price, £10 concession (oap, student, 12-18 year olds) and £5 for under 12's. Also maybe infants and toddlers get in for f**k all.

I remember when teams like Airdrie, Ayr, Raith could make our massive away stand at Love St look pretty busy. Be lucky if these teams bring more than 400 now. Can anyone put a finger on it? Morton seem to have lost a huge percent of their support.

Ice Hockey seems to be a big threat to Football these days.

Hockey has a part to play for clubs like St Mirren and Raith being two examples. Generally it seems to have more of a positive atmosphere, and it's naturally fast paced and in a controlled environment. 

The main issue is that football is completely saturated. Clubs charge up to £23 or so at this level, when you've got a lunch time kickoff, 3pm games which can be streamed via Kodi, and the evening kickoffs. That's no even including the Champions League and other larger teams like Barca and Real.

You can watch at home, in the pub or go to a game yourself and get charged far more for going along to games. I've had Saturdays where we'll be away at Stadiums are over an hour so away and it's pishing down, so I've just sat with my mates who watch EPL games in the pub. Folk don't have as much appetite for going to the game. I've asked my mates before what it would take for them to go regularly and they said it'd be cracking if it was the Summer, the standard was better, and there was drink at the games. 

I'd love to see us switch to Summer football, but it won't happen. 

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't really see anything wrong with away fans getting in cheaper to be honest. They have to pay for transport and other expenses before they get their so why not try to encourage a few more away fans these days. It makes for a far better atmosphere at games when theirs a decent away support. If we did something like the English Premier and set a price across the board then I don't see a problem.

You sensible c**t

You've just kind of killed of our pricing policy. Why should one set of fans sitting in a seat behind the goal at Starks park pay £15 and another team's fans pay £20 to sit in the same seat????

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It should be an SPFL rule. After that leave clubs to set their own prices, with perhaps an upper limit for different categories.

Personally, and I know this is unworkable (at least in the short to mid term), I'd like to see;

Under 12, free. Kids aged 12-16 should get in for £5. 16-18, students, OAPs and those on Jobseeker's should get in for £10. Adults £12.

But that's dreaming. Due to the model up here, clubs rely so much on the income generated by ticket sales. This model however is at least a stable one, as the Setanta collapse showed, and as the eventual collapse in the English Premier League will show.

The problem with the SPFL introducing an upper limit is that some clubs may instantly fling the prices straight up to the upper limit, then justify it by saying the SPFL have said that's the reasonable price.

19 hours ago, Hibernia said:

Also far more has to be done about prices for 16-25 year olds, as they realistically are the future, as there will always be young kids at football games taken along by their parents but for people 16-25, no one is forcing them to go to football, it's up to clubs to tempt them with cheaper pricing

Aye, while clubs can correctly argue that dropping their prices across the board won't bring enough new fans in to offset the reduction, clubs should certainly be doing dedicated prices for that age bracket, at least 16-18. You can have a 16 year old still in school being asked to pay the adult at some grounds which is completely unaffordable if they don't have their parents giving them the money.

17 hours ago, rw89 said:

Folk don't have as much appetite for going to the game. I've asked my mates before what it would take for them to go regularly and they said it'd be cracking if it was the Summer, the standard was better, and there was drink at the games. 

In the summer in a period of good weather people have far more alternatives to the football then they do in the winter when they can only really do things indoors. I have no doubt that moving to summer football would see crowds drop as soon as the novelty wore off after the first season.

18 hours ago, rw89 said:

Hockey has a part to play for clubs like St Mirren and Raith being two examples. Generally it seems to have more of a positive atmosphere, and it's naturally fast paced and in a controlled environment. 

The main issue is that football is completely saturated. Clubs charge up to £23 or so at this level, when you've got a lunch time kickoff, 3pm games which can be streamed via Kodi, and the evening kickoffs. That's no even including the Champions League and other larger teams like Barca and Real.

You can watch at home, in the pub or go to a game yourself and get charged far more for going along to games. I've had Saturdays where we'll be away at Stadiums are over an hour so away and it's pishing down, so I've just sat with my mates who watch EPL games in the pub. Folk don't have as much appetite for going to the game. I've asked my mates before what it would take for them to go regularly and they said it'd be cracking if it was the Summer, the standard was better, and there was drink at the games. 

Hockey also treats adults like adults and actually goes out of their way to make their customers feel welcome and cater for them, a truly novel concept for a busniness.

Summer football would be shite, plus would still have games in winter. Summer football wouldn't actually feature all that much more football in summer than we have now.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

The problem with the SPFL introducing an upper limit is that some clubs may instantly fling the prices straight up to the upper limit, then justify it by saying the SPFL have said that's the reasonable price.

Aye, while clubs can correctly argue that dropping their prices across the board won't bring enough new fans in to offset the reduction, clubs should certainly be doing dedicated prices for that age bracket, at least 16-18. You can have a 16 year old still in school being asked to pay the adult at some grounds which is completely unaffordable if they don't have their parents giving them the money.

In the summer in a period of good weather people have far more alternatives to the football then they do in the winter when they can only really do things indoors. I have no doubt that moving to summer football would see crowds drop as soon as the novelty wore off after the first season.

True. But if it's set at a reasonable rate then it could stop us seeing stupid prices like we currently see.

And agree re summer football.

Archived