Gate/ticket prices

Just phoned dundee utd regarding gate prices for our game on the 25th.

I was told it would cost 50 quid for an adult and 3 kids under 12 in the shed (away?) End as they dont do kids prices there.

Surely its time for clubs to have a rethink about what they charge for championship football in scotland.

Before anyone adds. Im not asking for kids to get a free pass just a better deal all round for adults and kids. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have they not just simplified their pricing bu saying you are either an adult (20) or a concession  (10)? 

Raith Rovers on the other hand have about 400 different prices.  

11 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Before anyone adds. Im not asking for kids to get a free pass just a better deal all round for adults and kids. 

U12s get into the Falkirk Stadium  for free and have done for years.

I suppose we do care about our fans and don't take the pish as much as other financially challenged clubs

On top of travel and food costs of 70 quid it was going to cost 120 quid for a day out at the football. 

On a side note

My brother in law went to watch arsenal play preston in the FA cup in jan 2 adults 3 kids trains from greenock to preston return and food for 100 quid. Tickets (2×15 n 3x5) yet united charge 50 for a championship match for 1 adult and 3 kids.

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Have they not just simplified their pricing bu saying you are either an adult (20) or a concession  (10)? 

Raith Rovers on the other hand have about 400 different prices.  

Well they could add a kids gate for 5 quid and have 3 prices its still simplified that way.

21 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

U12s get into the Falkirk Stadium  for free and have done for years.

I suppose we do care about our fans and don't take the pish as much as other financially challenged clubs

Kids under 12 free with a paying adult at morton which is great aswell. Im not suggesting everyone should have free kids policy but just a modest charge for kids of 3/5 quid.

I would actually go as far as to say u-12s should be free across the SPFL. Football is dear enough as it is, ease the burden on parents and encourage dads to actually bring them along to the games. I doubt it would cost the clubs that much and it might help some weans realise there's football in their own towns and not just on the TV said dads are probably paying out the ear for.

Dead clichéd but probably the reality now.

1 hour ago, Gmfc 23 said:

I was told it would cost 50 quid for an adult and 3 kids under 12 in the shed (away?) End as they dont do kids prices there.

Surely its time for clubs to have a rethink about what they charge for championship football in scotland.

TANNADICE

£16 – Adults

£9 – Concessions

£5 – Under-16s

CAPPIELOW

Adult – £18
Concession – £15
Child 12-16 years – £5

Prices are excessive for what we witness.. I'm going down to Reading in March to see them play Newcastle and the ticket is costing me £10 (18-24 year old ticket) while going to watch Falkirk on Saturday at Morton would cost £15 for a student. This isn't a dig at Morton, it's just the nearest example [emoji23]

It's all basic financials however. If a club is guaranteed 3,000 people at £15 for example that's income of £45,000. If, say, they drop the price to £12 then they'd need an increase in attendance of 750 people to maintain an income of £45,000. I can't see a club take that risk.

^this is obviously an extremely basic and petty argument to make because it's obvious that it's overpriced. U12's should be allowed in for free for future income if we all want to be seen as customers...

First things first I don't think we should be comparing prices with England, it's a different world down there. Fair enough if Arsenal charge £10 for this game or that game but they'll still have 50,000 attending the game and still make £50,000,000 a year profit or whatever.

I would have said £15 max for an adult is a fair price, £10 concession (oap, student, 12-18 year olds) and £5 for under 12's. Also maybe infants and toddlers get in for f**k all.

I remember when teams like Airdrie, Ayr, Raith could make our massive away stand at Love St look pretty busy. Be lucky if these teams bring more than 400 now. Can anyone put a finger on it? Morton seem to have lost a huge percent of their support.

Ice Hockey seems to be a big threat to Football these days.

Having u12s get in for free has had a brilliant effect on our crowds. Loads of kids at our games, both in the family section and down the front of the South Stand. Plenty of 13-16 year olds now come along and are paying that I'm sure wouldn't have been brought along every week unless they were free.

Since it was introduced, our home gates have increased from the low 3,000s after we were relegated, up to maybe 3,300, then around 3,600 and I don't think we've been under 4,000 once so far this season.

We've generally had the same 1000 or so walk-up punters each year so these increases have been mainly season tickets.

You could argue the 2015 Scottish Cup Final and strong league performance last season helped to increase crowds but I think it runs deeper than that

Unbelievable more clubs in the league don't have a similar pricing structure to ourselves.

My two kids are under 12 and the Falkirk policy has made me go to many more games over the past few seasons at home because of this. In fact we are all season ticket holders now. We also buy parking programmes 50/50 tickets and refreshments at most games. We tend to avoid most away games due to the increased cost versus a home falkirk game. I think this is reflected in how well our attendances have held up in over 5 years in the championship. We are averaging 5200 this season. Some away games I might have gone to would have cost more than double a home game and clubs are wondering why their attendances are low. Falkirk and other clubs who let u12 in for free should be congratulated.

50 minutes ago, ashton said:

TANNADICE

£16 – Adults

£9 – Concessions

£5 – Under-16s

CAPPIELOW

Adult – £18
Concession – £15
Child 12-16 years – £5

Listen here wise arse i phoned the club they said 20 adult 10 concesion for the shed end 

25 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

First things first I don't think we should be comparing prices with England, it's a different world down there. Fair enough if Arsenal charge £10 for this game or that game but they'll still have 50,000 attending the game and still make £50,000,000 a year profit or whatever.

I would have said £15 max for an adult is a fair price, £10 concession (oap, student, 12-18 year olds) and £5 for under 12's. Also maybe infants and toddlers get in for f**k all.

I remember when teams like Airdrie, Ayr, Raith could make our massive away stand at Love St look pretty busy. Be lucky if these teams bring more than 400 now. Can anyone put a finger on it? Morton seem to have lost a huge percent of their support.

Ice Hockey seems to be a big threat to Football these days.

The game was at preston not arsenal. But otherwise a fair point

1 hour ago, ashton said:

TANNADICE

£16 – Adults

£9 – Concessions

£5 – Under-16s

CAPPIELOW

Adult – £18
Concession – £15
Child 12-16 years – £5

Nice try but those are the prices from the official website for the cup game at qots. Prices for our game 20 and 10.

2 hours ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Clubs? Or just Dundee United & Hibernian?

It's not a revelation that the big clubs to come down have generally maintained Premier League prices. Hearts did too, although Rangers were slightly more reasonable I think. Are the rest of the clubs not reasonable enough?

Palmerston for an adult and 3 u16's would cost you £31 (except at the upcoming Falkirk game when we're doing a free u16's promotion). We DO charge u12's though it's a reasonably mild £5 and there's a season ticket available for £18 (£1 a game). However, we also offer a 16 - 21 year olds concession price of £9 instead of jumping straight to adult at 16 so it's swings and roundabouts really.

2 hours ago, Gmfc 23 said:

£50 for 4 seems well reasonable to me, try getting into ER for that.

12 minutes ago, CupidStunt1875 said:

£50 for 4 seems well reasonable to me, try getting into ER for that.

And adult and 3 under 12s would get into Cappielow for £18. Should there be that much of a difference? The league should have standard pricing IMO.

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

And adult and 3 under 12s would get into Cappielow for £18. Should there be that much of a difference? The league should have standard pricing IMO.

Depends on the standard of football and facilities I suppose, I have no problem in paying the prices at ER.

Archived