Hat-trick of hat-tricks....

Ross.

With Celtic's Moussa Dembele going for a 3rd consecutive hat-trick tomorrow and the Motherwell defence being somewhat generous of late, can anyone confirm if this has happened before in Scottish football?

I think Larsson and Stokes both scored back to back hat-tricks for Celtic, and I'm sure Owen Coyle(Airdrie) and Tommy Coyne(Clydebank) also managed the same.

Have any others matched this or beaten it in consecutive domestic matches?

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

With Celtic's Moussa Dembele going for a 3rd consecutive hat-trick tomorrow and the Motherwell defence being somewhat generous of late, can anyone confirm if this has happened before in Scottish football?

I think Larsson and Stokes both scored back to back hat-tricks for Celtic, and I'm sure Owen Coyle(Airdrie) and Tommy Coyne(Clydebank) also managed the same.

Have any others matched this or beaten it in consecutive domestic matches?

Didn't Owen Coyle manage 3 or maybe even 4 consecutive hat-tricks in 90-91? He scored something nonsensical like 17 goals in his first 7 games. 

Just now, jupe1407 said:

Didn't Owen Coyle manage 3 or maybe even 4 consecutive hat-tricks in 90-91? He scored something nonsensical like 17 goals in his first 7 games. 

Checked that earlier. He scored 12 in 4 games at one point but it was 3, 2, 3, 4.

Interestingly, it seems he only scored another 3 all season after the excellent start he got!

Just now, Ross. said:

Checked that earlier. He scored 12 in 4 games at one point but it was 3, 2, 3, 4.

Interestingly, it seems he only scored another 3 all season after the excellent start he got!

Yeah he got a bad injury in October that year, and scored 3 on the run in after a long lay off. 

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Turns out he was injured in a 2-2 draw v Clydebank. A tad before my time watching the Bankies.

I seem to remember the Bankies used to be involved in bizarrely frequent 4-3 scorelines in the late 80s/early 90s, and generally scored and conceded 50-60 goals a season. Season tickets must have been decent value :lol:

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think Stokes scored two on the belt when he was with us.

I think you are right. When I seen his name I just assumed it was when he was at Celtic. His record when he was at Falkirk was ridiculous. Something like 20 goals in 20 games?

• 5 months later...

Inverness in his last game. Ian Black heads gone red card for extra lollage. He got 14 in 16 league games, plus two in two cup games for a total of (you're ahead of me) 16 goals in 18 games.

[mention=68117]bairnardo[/mention]

[mention=7586]Ross.[/mention]

Archived